Перейти к контенту
jurykovalev

ИндиКар. Том 2

1 минуту назад, Meditator сказал:

Уже пару раз не было.

Да, один раз, когда уходил Таргет.

П. С.

Я не все шутки воспринимаю с должным юмором - во имя будущего взаимоприятного общения.

Поделиться этим сообщением

Фиттипальди собирается вернуться в Мид-Огайо и проехать оставшиеся после него гонки, включая Поконо и Гейтевей. Говорит, что нормально востанавливается, уже проехал первые круги на картах, 17 июля проведёт тесты в Мид-Огайо и после этого окончательно решит готов ли он к возвращению. Говорит, что в ближайшее время для него главной задачей являются эти пять гонок в Индикаре. А на следующий год надеется на фул-тайм где-нибудь. Может быть и в Индикаре, ИМХО расчитывать на место в формульном Хаасе - как-то оптимистично.

С моторспорта:

Скрытый текст

Pietro Fittipaldi says he’s on target to return to the cockpit for IndyCar’s Mid-Ohio round, after testing a kart for the first time since his Spa sportscar accident.

Fittipaldi, who has been rehabilitating with renowned orthopedic surgeons Doctors Terry Trammell and Timothy Weber and at PitFit Training in Indianapolis, returned home to North Carolina two days ago and went karting at the GoPro Motorplex track in Mooresville with his brother Enzo, and uncle, former Indy car racer Max Papis.

It’s the first time Fittipaldi has put in track time since his WEC shunt at Spa-Francorchamps in May, that broke his legs and caused him to miss the Indy GP and Indianapolis 500 – due to be his second and third IndyCar races with Dale Coyne Racing.

His place at Indy and Texas was filled by the other signed Coyne driver of the #19 DCR-Honda this season, Zachary Claman De Melo, while in the Detroit double-header, GP2 driver Santino Ferrucci made his IndyCar debut. Having now shuffled races with Claman de Melo, Fittipaldi is due to compete in the final five races of the season, starting with Mid-Ohio at the end of July.

“I have been using a simulator, but this was my first time driving something ‘real life’ since the accident,” Fittipaldi told ###.###. “Everything was really good because Dr. Weber and Dr. Trammell looked after me really well in Indy, overseeing my surgeries and giving me really good programs to work on. I was actually doing my swimming rehab at Dr. Trammell’s house almost every day, and the physical therapy program I did with them was very intense, very helpful.

“Obviously I feel the injuries a little bit when I’m going over curbing – those karts have no suspension really, it goes straight through your body. But it’s normal and I’m really happy with everything. It’s not 100 percent yet which is why I’m still working on the recovery – I mean, things like walking. But when I got in the kart I could drive very well.

“So at Mid-Ohio [on July 17] I will test a Formula 4 car and then the IndyCar too. I don’t know the track, but at the same time I’m learning the new track, I’ll be seeing how I feel. It will be a shakedown.

“The F4 car has steel brakes and you don’t have to hit the brakes as hard as the carbon brakes like you have in IndyCar, so I’m gradually making steps, getting into it slowly.”

Always kept the faith

Fittipaldi says that the confidence of such a swift return, as expressed in May at Indianapolis, both to the media and to ###.###’s Julia Piquet, was genuine, but now admits there had been some nagging doubts.

“Honestly, you just never know how fast the bones are going to heal,” he said, “but I’m really lucky. My ankle has healed extremely well and stayed mobile and strong, and they’re both really important characteristics. And the bones on my left leg that broke, they take longer just because they’re bigger bones. But they’ve been healing very well, also, so thank God that my body heals very fast.

“When you have an accident like that, you have to set a goal for recovery otherwise it becomes a bit too open, you know? And so I looked at the IndyCar calendar and counted down and I set myself an optimistic goal. I sat down with Dr. Trammell and we said, ‘OK, this is the goal for this week, this is the goal for this week, this is the next goal,' and so on.

“It makes you think about what you have to do out of the car to be able to drive. And so although it was optimistic, it was possible and achievable and we’re still on target and I can come back strong.”

2019 target is “to do something full-time”

Fittipaldi admitted that despite his focus on full recovery and the last five IndyCar races of 2018, he is still thinking about his options for next season. This year, the 22-year-old was combining part-time campaigns in IndyCar, Japanese Super Formula and WEC, while he's also been a candidate for a Formula 1 seat with Haas in 2019.

“Next year I do want to do something full time,” he said. “Maybe I'll do something in Formula 1 toward the end of this year. I don’t know at all.

“My main focus right now is returning to do these five races with IndyCar, but I’m only going to return if I know I’m coming back at a strong level. I’ll know more about it after the Mid-Ohio test.

“When we spoke in May, I said about the talks with Haas, having a couple of meetings with Gunther Steiner [Haas team principal]. That was the other unfortunate thing about the accident, as well as missing the Indy 500 – the focus had to switch to recovery as first priority.

"But you never know what could happen at the end of the year, after the IndyCar season is over. For now, I want to just think about these five IndyCar races with Dale Coyne Racing.

"So like I say, in 2019 I’m looking to do something full-time. That's my goal for next year. But my next goal is IndyCar and I’m really happy to be working with Dale’s team. They’re a great group of people, they work really hard, and we’re gonna be back strong and I will do my best for them."

Диксон призывает добавить прижима на переднем антикрыле, чтобы от него было больше пользы при приследовании. Скотт говорит, что из-за особенностей скоростных трасс новые аэрокиты ведут себя на них пратически также как и машины прошлого поколения. В результате снижение прижима фактически не чувствовалось и гонка прошла практически также, обгонов получилось даже ещё меньше.

Скрытый текст

Scott Dixon says he thinks a change to the front wing of Dallara’s spec aerokit would help improve IndyCar racing on road courses.

After finishing third at Road America, Chip Ganassi Racing-Honda’s four-time champion and current points leader said that there are alterations that should be made to allow the cars to run closer together without losing front-end downforce.

Despite IndyCar switching from downforce-heavy manufacturer aerokits to Dallara spec kits in 2018, Dixon pointed out that this year’s cars had a similar drag/downforce ratio to last year at Road America because the long straights had obliged teams to trim their cars to make them as fast as possible in a straight line.

He said: “I think as far as configurations, here and the Indy road course are close to the packages we had last year, because we were trimmed so much in last year's configuration. I think it’s a difference only of a few hundred pounds [of downforce].

“Some guys were quite trim. The hard part with this aerokit is that the trim levels are pretty coarse. It's not really fine-tuning. I think that's good, because sometimes people just get it really wrong.

“[But] I'm still not totally sold on the low-downforce situation. I think the front wing needs to go through a bit of change to make the racing a little bit better. It seems like it's quite inefficient in traffic.

“I know everybody's working on that and looking at that for the future.”

The reduced number of passes being made by evenly matched cars in Sunday’s race was also a by-product of there being no full-course caution periods.

With all the fast drivers trying to make the race on three pitstops due to the major loss of time caused by pitting, and no caution flags in which to save fuel, it meant fuel-saving was required at some point in each stint. As a result, therefore, drivers could afford to use their push-to-pass boost only sparingly.

Да, на Road America скучновато было, и времена на круге медленнее, чем в 2017-м.

Там прижим побольше, вероятно, не помешает ( перепады высот в поворотах и тройной апекс в Карусели ), иначе получается  "паровоз" )

https://racer.com/2018/07/03/dee-ann-andretti-passes-away/

Изменено пользователем Meditator

Хонда на пути к победе в битве мотористов, сейчас японцы лидируют со счётом 837-707. Очки начисляются по принципу - 5 за победу, одно за поул и результаты двух лучших машин моториста на финише гонки (то есть 90 очков за первое-второе места). Кроме этого если моторы для Инди 500 проедут 2000 миль, то моторист получит половину очков заработанных этой машиной в Инди 500.

В любом случае Хонда не выигрывала это титула с 2012 года, так что японцам есть к чему стремиться. Если, конечно, они знают об этом соревновании =)

https://motorsports.vtec.net/blog/210/honda-going-finally-indycar-manufacturers-title/

Интервью с Максом в стиле "себя не похвалишь, никто не похвалит". Интервьюер и Чилтон обсуждают борьбу за топ-10 (которую Макс пока ещё не разу не выиграл), о его кваллификационных успехаха на фоне Чарли, ну и вообще это третий год, и обычно Макс в нём раскрывается =) Ну и да, эта машина подходит Максу... Мне вот интересно, а кому она тут не подходит? =)

Из полезной инфы - у Тревора нет инженеров, которые уже работали в Индикаре, и вообще мало персонала, так что во время гонок все на трассе.

С моторспорта:

Скрытый текст

With Carlin Racing regularly contending for Top 10 places in its very first season of IndyCar, Max Chilton tells David Malsher what he hopes to achieve this year and what he feels the team is still missing.

DM: Looking at your pace, rather than hard results, are you literally feeling race-by-race progress right now?

MC: Yes and no. I think we did remarkably well at Indy, considering the team had never been there with IndyCars. We qualified mid-pack which was just amazing considering how strong and close the whole field is. Then we went on to Detroit and we qualified really well there.

First of all, I’ve got to say, I feel like I’m driving the best I’ve ever driven in IndyCar – I learned a lot in the first two years here, and I think I’ve proven in the past that I always do best in my third year in a series – more precise, more confident to go out and attack in every session. I think I’ve outqualified Charlie in eight of the 10 races we’ve had so far – the only two where he beat me were Indy and Texas, and he is more of an oval expert than me. At Road America I was eight-tenths quicker than him because that’s a track that really suits my style. But I started four places lower because of how the two Q1 groups are put together. Bizarre.

But anyway, because of that difference in pace, he went for the four-stop strategy, I went on three-stop and immediately started fuel saving and I was as quick as Charlie who wasn’t fuel saving. So we ended up having a good race, but it was frustrating because as a team overall we didn’t have the speed in qualifying, otherwise I think our performance would have got us a top-10.

So to your question, yes we’re making progress in terms of how we operate, but the IndyCar schedule is so intense that we get very few proper test days. I’m in the car most weeks but because it’s a race weekend. It’s hard to make progress in that timeframe.

We will get there. We have no engineers who’ve done IndyCar before so that’s probably not ideal but the ones we’ve got have done remarkably well. I’m proud of their efforts and the mechanics are working incredibly hard to be where we want to be.

Can you feel which areas you’re missing out on compared with, say, Penske?

Well it depends on each track, but at Road America it was mid-corner grip, mechanical grip. Because at most of these tracks we’ve lost 40 percent of the downforce, we’re all running maximum downforce and the same wing angles. So it’s not an aero thing, it’s a mechanical thing, and some of these teams have damper programs with factory-based crews, whereas we literally have no one factory-based – everyone’s at the track!

So that’s where a lot of time is lost. In a virtually spec series, little improvements can have big consequences, and teams like Penske and Ganassi have the knowledge and understanding of what to learn from in the first year with a new car.

But we’re working hard behind the scenes, and as you know, Trevor is all about winning and he’s used to success so I do think we will get there.

Do you foresee Carlin soon making the expansion in manpower to catch up to Penske?

Well, obviously that’s more of a question for Trevor. It’s a difficult one, but the way I look at it is, you need more backing to get that same strength in numbers, but you’re not going to get more backing until you get results. So until we move higher and get more results, we can’t really expand too much. The thing we all know is that Trevor is the best at starting up new teams, and he always eventually succeeds because he knows exactly what areas need work. He’s the man for the job.

Would you say this car actually suits your driving style or have you just adapted to it?

On the road courses it suits my driving style because I’m quite smooth and controlled. Downforce was quite good at covering up driving style issues. It’s like giving a driver with less experience a softer set of tires than his teammate – it helps cover up a deficiency. But as soon as there’s less grip, like this year, the smoother more precise drivers do better. And I think that’s why I’ve done better this year in road course qualifying than my teammate. But it works the other way on ovals – if you have less downforce, I feel less confident and am hindered by it.

Are you enjoying the sense of responsibility that comes as a result of there being so little IndyCar experience within the team?

Yes, that’s a nice feeling. I worked with Carlin for 10 years and I’ve always felt they take note of my opinion, and I know they’re as desperate to win as any of us, so they will listen to any helpful advice or pointers I can give.

Obviously, Charlie is massively helpful there too. He’s got a lot more experience than me – this is his eighth year in IndyCar – and he also loves to talk. If Charlie’s mouth is closed, you know he’s asleep! I think I speak very precisely but with the minimum of words. Charlie gives a lot more feedback and explains stuff in context from years gone by, session by session, so I think between us we’re good for a new team. And that’s good when you’re up against teams like Penske.

With seven races to go, what results do you think are feasible by the end of the year?

Well, the cool thing about IndyCar is how close everything is, and if you’re an underdog running 14th or something, a yellow and smart pit strategy can massively change your day. Anything is possible. So although we didn’t start where we wanted to in Road America, my lap times were in the top five or six, so if the order had been flipped, I could have stayed near the front.

So we just need to get qualifying nailed – we need to focus on that, because I believe we have the race pace to stay near the front if we start there. I want to get a top 10 or two before the season’s over.

Цитата

The total net worth of Scott Dixon is $36.5 million. His annual salary is estimated around $12 million and he is the third highest paid sports personality in the New Zealand. His sources of income are racing, sponsorship, awards and endorsements. Scott rise his income for every year according to his experience and winnings. And he is the owner of 7000 square feet luxurious mansion in Indiana.

Из разных источников (к сожалению, не Форбс) состояние Диксона где-то 35 млн. в среднем.

Цитата

Scott Dixon was number 3 (in New Zealand) on last year's Rich List with estimated winnings of $11 million annually.

His income is derived from three streams - his driver's salary for Target Chip Ganassi Racing, a 50 per cent share of prize money and sponsorship/endorsement deals. Among the brands Dixon lends his name to are Oakley and Swiss luxury watch brand Louis Moinet.

This year marks Dixon's 13th year with Target Chip Ganassi, and he holds the distinction of being the most successful active Indy Car driver with 34 victories.

Dixon, wife Emma and their two daughters are based in Indiana. His website lists his coolest new acquisition as a home on Lake Geist, where waterfront properties are worth upwards of US$2 million ($2.57 million).

The couple also have a home in London and a holiday pad in Mount Maunganui.

За 2016 год.

Диксон не бедствует. Как бэ. Даже с учетом, что приведены данные за времена с Таргет.

Изменено пользователем SE7EN Wonders

15 часов назад, SE7EN Wonders сказал:

Диксон не бедствует. Как бэ. Даже с учетом, что приведены данные за времена с Таргет.

Вот уж по данному вопросу у меня сомнений нет =)

Миллер видимо вдохновился этим вопросом о зарплатах и порадовал статьёй с угадайкой, кто сколько в Индикаре получает. Так как достоверных источников уровня Ф1 (т.е. весьма сомнительных) и НАСКАРа (кстати как там с этим?), то верить ему или нет - личный выбор каждого. Но общий вывод мне кажется вполне правдоподобным - среди основных кольцевых серий Индикар по зарплатам отстаёт, даже с учётом дополнительных выплат за результаты.

И вот это ещё тоже хорошо:

Цитата

IndyCar is the best racing of the Big 3, the most risky and least compensated. But to quote our old buddy Tony Stewart, “It beats working for a living.”

https://racer.com/2018/07/05/miller-wheres-the-payday/

22 часа назад, SE7EN Wonders сказал:

Я этого не исключаю, но...

Вот как раз про Марко. Давно ему побед не прочили =)

Цитата

I think this weekend could finally be Marco’s time. Earlier this year, Marco Andretti halted a five-year drought with his first pole position since 2013. Earning the top spot for Dual 1 in Detroit felt great the 29-year-old Andretti Autosport driver admitted, but putting an end to that other streak, well, that would be the “million-pound gorilla off my back.”

Andretti hasn’t won an IndyCar race in seven years. He carries the weight of that with him everywhere he goes, including this weekend at Iowa. However, Iowa Speedway has been a place where Andretti has tasted the most success over his career. Not only has he visited victory lane at Iowa – that aforementioned last victory in 2011 – but he’s podiumed there three other times.

Following a strong test at the short track last week, Andretti told IndyStar he’s feeling more confident about a race weekend than he has in a quite some time.

“We have the pace to (win races) now,” said Andretti, whose five-top 10 finishes this year equal his total from all of last year. “Last year we’d need to luck into it at some places. This year, we have the pace to do it almost anywhere I feel.

"Iowa hasn't been very nice to me the last few years, during the aero kit era, but I'm looking to regain my strength there.”

Helio Castroneves put an end to his own winless drought at Iowa last year; maybe Andretti can do this same this year. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2018/07/05/indycar-5-storylines-series-heads-iowa-speedway/759778002/

1 минуту назад, Meditator сказал:

и НАСКАРа (кстати как там с этим?)

Форбс ежегодно публикует заработки гонщиков НАСКАР, в соседней теме мной приведены их состояния на текущий год.

8 миллионов за титул мог получить разве что Харвик в 2014-м году. Сейчас это недостижимо. Кайл Буш после него уже 4 млн. К тому же они стали делить призовой фонд на двое - половину чемпиону, половину в поддержку бедных команд. Так что, Труэкс получил где-то порядка 2 миллионов за титул в прошлом году.

По данным Форбс, Джимми Джонсон заработал 19 млн. долларов за прошлый год (зарплата плюс призовые без учета продаж мерча). Сейчас он самый высокооплачиваемый гонщик.

Тони Стюарт, если что, открытым текстом признавался и не раз, что предпочитает насквозь коммерциализированному НАСКАРу бедные и романтичные спринт-кар гонки.

Поэтому побрехушки Робина уже правда надоели. Он не нашел данные по заработкам Диксона?? Я их нашла за 3 минуты, при том, из достойного доверия источника. 11 миллионов в год это уровень НАСКАР.

Карлин на Айову:

36628852_2225249964180169_47106365630741

Кукуруза есть.

И я даже больше скажу - 11 миллионов это уровень НФЛ. Потому что за столько у нас перекупили ресивера, который на минуточку спас титул Конференции. А ББ ему по широте душевной предлагал аж 1.2 млн. Добро пожаловать в американский спорт. Привет МакЛарену.

Стю и Франкитти включат в Зал Славы Американского автоспорта.

29 минут назад, SE7EN Wonders сказал:
Dhg_FHAVMAAYphO.jpg
Первая практика

Между прочим, Зак пятый

Так все Андретти в десятке. Правда, далеко не так хорошо как на тестах на прошлой неделе. И Марко как всегда ниже всех =)

Ещё Пигот неплохо.

Изменено пользователем Meditator

11 минут назад, Meditator сказал:

Так все Андретти в десятке.

А Зак в пятерке!

Ну и что это было? Где скорость Андретти?

Уилла с поулом.

hinch strikes back!

наконец-то опередил в квале.

Только что, Closer сказал:

hinch strikes back!

наконец-то опередил в квале.

Кого?

Создайте аккаунт или авторизуйтесь, чтобы оставить комментарий

Комментарии могут оставлять только зарегистрированные пользователи

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт в нашем сообществе. Это несложно!

Зарегистрировать новый аккаунт

Войти

Есть аккаунт? Войти.

Войти

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.

• Создать...