Перейти к контенту

В архиве

Эта тема в настоящий момент находится в архиве и закрыта для публикации сообщений.

Pixel

Фелипе Масса

На этом инфа про Роба исчерпывается. Фактов ноль.

http://robsmedley.blogspot.com/search/label/Rob%20Smedley

почитай..там правда на английском

Поделиться этим сообщением

0950f5205d15b0ed84e168412ac576c1.jpg

а это, я так понял, жена Роба?

а это, я так понял, жена Роба?

да, это Люси Смедли :)

Вообще про Роба так мало инфы. Всю инфу про него можно разделить на две фразы: первая фраза это "Роб такой классный гоночный инженер!", а вторая фраза:"У Роба с Фелипе такие классные взаимотношения".

И причем обе фразы, я уверен, являются стопроцентной истиной! :rolleyes:

даже не знаю что тебе ответить :blush:

на BBC балоболят не хуже нашего Попова :D

поэтому я уловила только то что написала :)

и вроде что Робу было не очень комфортно работать с гонщиками, которые заменяли Фила

Это было видно по его фото.

Вообще про Роба так мало инфы. Всю инфу про него можно разделить на две фразы: первая фраза это "Роб такой классный гоночный инженер!", а вторая фраза:"У Роба с Фелипе такие классные взаимотношения".

У меня есть статьи про Роба, но они все на английском. Перевести сама не могу, а в гугле ерунда получается. :wacko:

У меня есть статьи про Роба, но они все на английском. Перевести сама не могу, а в гугле ерунда получается. :wacko:

кидай так, кто может читать на английском, так прочтет, а остальным может кто перевести возьмется ;)

кидай так, кто может читать на английском, так прочтет, а остальным может кто перевести возьмется ;)

А в ветку Фелипе можно столько статей про Роба?

А в ветку Фелипе можно столько статей про Роба?

У Роба же своей темы нет. Да она ему и не нужна.

Блин супер возвращение любимого дуэта - Шумми - Масса , всё же это дримтим. Если бы ФиМа и МиШу не вернулись в этом году наверное бы гонки в офлайне смотрел, а тут блин такой позитиффф.... эх, жаль конечно что не поул, но блин теперь главное старт чтобы удался.

Блин супер возвращение любимого дуэта - Шумми - Масса , всё же это дримтим.

Что это за дримтим, которая оба титула слила?

Friday 2nd January 2009

WHEN Felipe Massa had last year’s Formula One World Championship snatched from his grasp on the last corner of the last race by Lewis Hamilton, one man stood like an oasis of calm as all around lost their heads.

That man was Rob Smedley, Massa’s Middlesbrough-born race engineer and a man who knows the difference between bad luck and real tragedy.

Smedley and his wife, Lucy, lost their daughter, Minnie, in 2007 – an event that makes everything else pale into insignificance.

So when Hamilton in his McLaren pipped Massa in his back yard to lift the title, Smedley knew it was not the be all and end all.

He said: “F1 is my job, but my family is my life; the most important part of my life by far, and losing our daughter, Minnie, in June 2007 was more devastating than anything that could ever happen to me regarding winning and losing the Formula 1 title.

“Minnie was stillborn and it was something that was totally unexpected to me and Lucy. The pregnancy had been completely normal and Lucy was just entering her 42nd week when an irregular heartbeat was discovered.

“An emergency caesarean was carried out immediately, but it was too late and we lost Minnie soon after the birth.

“It is something you never get over, but you eventually learn to live with.”

For Smedley, who previously worked for the Stewart and Jordan F1 teams before he moved to Ferrari in 2003, that event put everything else into perspective – including Massa’s defeat. He said: “At the given point in time, I did not really feel any kind of emotions as you have to remember that I was still effectively working.

“It is really important that the track personnel are not given to peaks and troughs of emotions, but rather try to keep an even keel, regardless of the situation.

“After the race had finished, my emotions were quite strong, but I think throughout the great thing was that we were all really positive and proud of what we had actually achieved.

“I cannot really remember my exact words to Felipe, but I do know that I told him that he had won the race, but we had to wait for Lewis to finish before the championship was decided.

“When Lewis finally passed (Timo) Glock, I had the radio open and informed Felipe that, unfortunately, this year we were not going to win the driver’s crown.

“The message I did give him repeatedly, however, on the in-lap was that me and the rest of the guys were really very proud of him and his achievements during the season – very proud indeed.”

Smedley’s role is one of the most important in F1. He acts as the go-between between the driver and the rest of his team, discussing car set-up, tyres and fuel levels among other things, and is responsible for making decisions during the race depending on the way it is going.

As an Englishman, it might seem strange that Smedley is championing a “foreign” team, but he does not see it that way.

He said: “I am really very happy here at Ferrari and I have tended to click with them since my first years here. You should understand that we receive a huge amount of support from British fans here at Ferrari and that is really important to me.

“Formula One is such a global sport that I really do not think there is any need to pigeonhole the teams into specific nations, although from the fans’ point of view I can see how it can create more interest.

“I am happy where I am and happy to carry the flag for the British contingent who support Ferrari.”

Smedley’s services are bound to be highly soughtafter, but he says he is happy to stay with Ferrari and help Massa mount another bid for the title.

He said: “Ferrari have supported me both professionally and personally and that means an awful lot.

“A lot of Formula One teams often talk about a ‘family environment’, but here at Ferrari you really feel it.

“When there is a problem, we can be quite closed and work quietly as a group to solve whatever issue we have without a lot of unnecessary fuss. It is a way of working that I really appreciate and respond to.

“Inside the technical group, we are quite open and each member can have their personal input heard and that is also important to be sure that we are considering every angle. Finally, I have to mention the people who I am directly responsible for on Felipe’s car. They are a fantastic group of talented technicians and make my job very easy in arriving at the right solution. They are really a great bunch of guys who I am completely indebted to.”

As well as focusing on his job, Smedley is also planning more events for charity, including for the Stillbirth And Neonatal Death Society (Sands), which he and his wife have become closely associated with following the death of their daughter.

He said: “We have both found a lot of support from the charity Sands. We decided to support the charity and get involved with raising funds for something that is very close to our hearts.

“There needs to be more awareness into the risks and it is something that we would like to achieve along with Sands.

“I would like to set up a charity for underprivileged children in the region as I think that everyone deserves the same chance in life regardless of their background.

“It is important for me to put something back, and one of the good sides of my name becoming a little more known is that I can do that more readily. We have started to put some ideas together, so it is still in the early stages at the minute, but I would certainly be interested in hearing from any interested parties.”

97ebd1a43c8bt.jpgHier weint Massas Renn-Ingenieur Rob Smedley.

спасибо) Робу и Люси тогда несладко пришлось, конечно :(

спасибо) Робу и Люси тогда несладко пришлось, конечно :(

Не за что. Ещё выкладывать?

А у кого нибудь есть субботние фотки Массы и Алези?Я видел Жана во время квалы в боксах Феррари-)

Не за что. Ещё выкладывать?

Конечно!

Нереально тяжело читать. Думаеться мне, Роб очень благородный человек.

Если не жалко, дай первоисточник.

Интересно, а Масса помнит, что случилось в Бахрейне 2006 под прессом Алонсо?

У него всё в яёрной книжеце записано, наверное :)

Нереально тяжело читать. Думаеться мне, Роб очень благородный человек.

Если не жалко, дай первоисточник.

Точной ссылки у меня нет :( , но сохранился адрес сайта: thenothernecho.co.uk

Friday 2nd January 2009 by Matt Westcott

Rob's rise to the top of F1

Nov 12 2008 by Martin Neal, Evening Gazette

IT seemed the whole of the country was united in celebration when McLaren’s young Brit Lewis Hamilton became the youngest ever Formula One world champion in a dramatic climax to the season in Sao Paulo.

But there was a corner of Teesside left wondering what might have been after their man was pipped at the post.

4e6b67e00679t.jpg

The man who guided Ferrari’s Felipe Massa to the brink of the title - and the man whose job it was to tell him he hadn’t won it - was Boro-born and bred Rob Smedley.

Commonly known as Massa’s mentor, 32-year-old Rob is Ferrari’s chief engineer, a challenging job which means he travels the world for races and testing and has to live close to the team’s Italian headquarters.

But he’s fiercely proud of his Teesside roots and admits that, whichever corner of the globe he’s in, he’s glued to the internet for up-to-the-minute details on how his beloved Boro are playing.

Born in Middlesbrough, Rob attended St Peter’s School in South Bank before going to St Mary’s Sixth Form College.

He lived in Normanby until he was 18 before going to university at Loughborough and beginning his rise through the ranks in motorsport.

An ardent Ayresome Park regular, his heroes were Tony Mowbray, Stuart Ripley and Stephen Pears among others - and he was so keen on the Boro that he was convinced he’d be bored stiff at his first race meeting.

”My dad took me to a Grand Prix for the first time in 1988,” he recalled, ”and I was convinced I was going to be bored because I was such a big follower of Boro.

”I wasn’t really interested in going to be honest, but I really enjoyed it and it got a hold of me after that.

”My dad says that I always wanted to be a racing driver, but I don’t think I ever did.

”I was more interested in the technical side of things.

”When I was 11 or 12 I wrote to all the Formula One teams - they gave me advice and I took it.”

His job means he rarely gets to the Riverside, although he and wife Lucy, from Redcar, were back on Teesside earlier this year when they raised Ј50,000 with a charity night they organised at Marton Country Club in memory of their daughter Minnie, who died at birth.

But he said: ”I’m still a big Boro fan. Thank God for instant internet updates! It means wherever I am in the world, and whatever time it is, I can follow the action on my computer.”

After leaving uni, Rob began working with the Pilbeam Racing touring car team and worked his way up the ladder through Formula Three and Formula 2000 before moving into F1 with the now defunct Jordan outfit.

Ferrari bosses Jean Todt and Ross Brawn spotted his talent there and he was brought in to work with their test team.

But, he explained: ”Midway through 2006 Felipe Massa told them he wanted me as his race engineer.

”We had a reasonably good relationship by then. I’d known him since around 2001-2002.

”When I was working for Jordan I said to Eddie Jordan ‘he’s a good kid, we should get him signed up’ and we got as far as a seat fitting.

”But in the end Eddie did him a massive favour by signing Ralph Firman instead!

”It was a massive favour because, when Felipe was left without a drive in 2003, he went to Ferrari as test driver.

”He made the links with the people there and, after going back to Sauber in 2004, he returned to Ferrari as No 2 driver to Michael Schumacher.

”He was only on a one-year contract because he wasn’t a top line driver then. He was a stopgap and he knew he had to make it count.

”He didn’t have a great relationship with his engineer so, after a few races he asked Ross and Jean if I could do the job instead.

”If he’d gone to Jordan, I think his career would still have been in the doldrums!”

Rob’s job pitches him at the very heart of Ferrari’s quest for glory, pulling together all the relevant technical information from HQ, relaying it to his team of 15 engineers and to Massa himself.

8e61a1cf539at.jpg

His link to Massa is crucial and it’s a two-way communication path.

”I tell him what developments there are and I tell him what to expect from the weekend,” he explained.

”Obviously he’s the one who has to drive the car and he’ll tell us the car is doing this or that, and then we will solve the problems he’s got.

”When it comes to qualifying it’s a very, very delicate operation.

”We’ll talk for hours on Saturday night about how to approach the race.

”It’s an ongoing loop of information. He might have won the race but we still need a debrief at the end of the race so the information can be relayed to the factory - and then the loop is started all over again.”

To us sitting at home watching Grand Prix on TV, it appears a glamorous lifestyle.

But, says Rob, it’s anything but. In fact, it’s a lot of hard work.

”There’s always superficial glamour in Formula One,” he said, ”even for the drivers.

”We arrive on a Thursday morning and we work right through until 11 o’clock on a Sunday night.

”We’ll work from 7am until midnight all the time we’re there - there’s no glamour in that!”

Around 17 million UK viewers tuned in to watch the climax of this year’s F1 season in Brazil, and most of those were celebrating at the end after Hamilton’s breath-taking win.

Massa appeared to have the title in the bag after winning the race, but Hamilton found a way past Toyota driver Timo Glock to grab the all-important fifth place he needed to finish top of the pile.

It must have felt like Rob was the only Englishman who didn’t feel like celebrating.

”Actually there is massive support from Great Britain for Ferrari,” he said.

”There’s a lot of support from Middlesbrough too. That makes me very proud. My wife Lucy and I feel really proud of where we’re from.”

It must have been a bitter blow to have the title wrenched away in such fashion, but Massa acted in an utterly dignified way afterwards - and so too has Rob.

”We’d gone into the weekend really relaxed. It was Felipe’s home race - he wanted to finish in style and he did that.

”I said to Felipe on the radio at the end of the race ‘well you’ve won, but we don’t know what’s happened behind you’.

”I had to keep the radio open for 30 or 40 seconds and then I said ‘he’s got past’.

”Felipe acted like a true gentleman afterwards though and I was very proud of that.”

The season is over and the next one doesn’t start until the Australian GP in March - but there’s no rest for Rob and his crew.

”I got back home on the Tuesday after the Brazilian Grand Prix,” he said, ”and on Wednesday I was back in work.

”We’re testing in Barcelona in two weeks and we’ve got other test sessions planned too.

”We’ve got a new car coming out next year so testing will be non-stop.

”We want to get the car ready earlier this time so that we can do our best to make sure that when we get to Australia, it’s bulletproof.”

Лучше помнить то, что было в Бахрейне 2007. ;)

Это говорит о полноценности семьи и о благоприятной атмосфере внутри B) Так что подколки неуместны :P

Это говорит только о том, что процитированный тобой юзер спит и видит как бы зацепить болельщиков феррари и спровоцировать разборки между болельщиками. Игнорируйте тролля и будет вам счастье. :)

У Массы сегодня заменили двигатель. Никаких санкций за замену мотора, не будет.

Слава Богу пронесло. :rolleyes:

У Массы сегодня заменили двигатель. Никаких санкций за замену мотора, не будет.

Слава Богу пронесло. :rolleyes:

Откуда инфа такая?

Гость
Эта тема закрыта для публикации сообщений.

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.

• Создать...