Перейти к контенту

В архиве

Эта тема в настоящий момент находится в архиве и закрыта для публикации сообщений.

pothar

Библиотека фаната - Кими Райкконен

Мика Сало : "Кими в НАСКАР? Это реально здорово!" (#115293 Loiste)

IS Urheilu 30.3.2011 by Janne Aittoniemi (paper edition)

To American tracks

Kimi Räikkönen will go to Nascar to a cheap class and get either a Chevrolet or a Toyota as his car.

The former F1-champion is moving towards new adventures. Räikkönen will become the first Finn driver in the most popular motorsport-serie in North-America, Nascar.

It isn't any huge surprise because there has been rumours about his possible Nascar-switch for some time. IS Urheilu told already last December that Räikkönen is considering driving a few Nascar-races. He was also in Florida following last season's last race.

According to Turun Sanomat Räikkönen will race his first Nascar-race before summer. Räikkönen will still continue in WRC. He will choose his Nascar-races so that they fit in with his WRC-schedule.

Räikkönen will first get a feeling of the lowest level in Nascar, the Truck-class where they drive pickup trucks. However it's a long way from there to Nascar's main class Sprint Cup.

- A really great thing! These days the F1-drivers don't really have the guts to try out any new stuff. It's great that Kimi has the guts to do it, Mika Salo told IS Urheilu.

Salo tested Nascar-cars himself about a year ago. He believes that Räikkönen will quickly fit into Nascar-stuff and oval tracks.

- It's just a bit different driving, more like waiting. In those races you have to be firstly and mostly patient because the crucial things usually happen during the last 10 laps.

Räikkönen's Ice1Racing-team will co-operate with the loaded Gillett-family.

You get into Truck-class amazingly cheap. 20.000 dollars might be enough to drive one race.

- I was also offered a Truck-class race. You can drive the whole season with about one million dollars. But in Sprint Cup, which according to everyone is the only real Nascar-serie, one season costs 25 million dollars. So no wonder you don't see many European drivers there, Salo tells.

Räikkönen should prepare himself for some rough moves in Truck-class.

- Those races are quite brutal. You crash much more in those races. Take Jacques Villeneuve for example, he was always pushed out in every race. The shape of the car's bed is such that when you bump into it just a little bit, the whole car flies in the air and you lose control over it immediately, Salo tells.

They haven't yet revealed Räikkönen's car-label. It's either Chevrolet or Toyota because they are the best cars in Truck-class.

Мико Сало :

- Это реально здорово! В наши дни гонщикам Ф1 не хватает смелости попробовать что-то новое. Здорово, что у Кими такая смелость есть.

Сало год назад пробовал НАСКАР.

-Это другие гонки, похожие на ожидание. Там вам в первую и главную очередь необходимо терпение/, потому что решающие вещи происходят на последних 10 кругах.

- Мне тоже предлагали ехать в серии пикапов. За 1 млн$ вы можете проехать весь сезон, но сезон в Спринт Капе стоит 25 млн, поэтому неудивительно, что вы не видите там много европейских гонщиков.

- Эти гонки достаточно жёсткие. Здесь больше аварий. Возьмите к примеру Жака Вильнёва, он в каждой гонке попадает в них( :haha: ). Форма авто такова, что когда вы чуть-чуть с ним сталкиваетесь, он просто взлетает и вы тут же теряете контроль над машиной.

На чём поедет Кими ещё не решено, либо на Тойоте, либо на Шевроле.

Разные ресурсы говорят разное - кто-то отрицает связь Кими с Джиллеттом, кто-то наоборот её подтверждает.

Поделиться этим сообщением

Эркки Мустакари.: "Причина , почему Кими переключился на НАСКАР - любопытство". (#115294 Loiste )

"One thing puzzles me in Räikkönen's Nascar-switch"

The reason for Kimi's switch to Nascar-tracks is his curiosity for American racing, Erkki Mustakari from MTV3 believes.

- Kimi can say that he knows what F1 and WRC are but he doesn't know what American racing on oval tracks with different cars is like. If you would be a 30 something multi-millionaire who wants to race, then of course you get the urge to try out everything that has sometimes crossed your mind, Mustakari reminds.

Räikkönen has had to learn WRC from scratch. It will probably be easier for him to adjust to Nascar.

- Although they are driving on almost only oval tracks I still believe that Kimi learns it faster than in rally, Mustakari thinks.

Yet one thing puzzles Mustakari.

- American motorsport and professional sport in general is very much pro media where drivers just aren't at the disposal of the media, they also want to be that. How does it suit a "strange bird" like Kimi who likes the least to co-operate with the media, which is part of a professional driver's job? The situation with Kimi is clearly like this, therefore I find the whole idea strange, Mustakari thinks.

MTV3 - Lauri Ouvinen ja Antti Rämänen

Причина, почему Кими переключился на НАСКАР - любопытство, считает Эркки Мустакари.

- Кими может сказать, что знаком с Ф1 и Ралли, но он не знает ещё, на что похожи американские гонки на овалах с другими машинами. Если вам 30 и вы мультимиллионер, который хочет гоняться, тогда конечно вы захотите попробовать всё, что только может прийти в вашу голову.

- Хотя здесь почти одни овалы, Кими научится всему быстрее, чем в ралли.

- Американский профессиональный автоспорт очень тесно связан со СМИ, здесь гоншики в распоряжении прессы и медиа. Насколько это подойдёт "странной птице" Кими, который не очень любит общаться с медиа, в то время как это будет частью работы гонщика? Ситуация с Кими явно похожа на эту, так что я нахожу идею странной.

Кими провёл первый день тестов в НАСКАР. (#115300 Loiste )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DlDzBjxLo&feature=player_embedded

в студии говорят о Кими. Среди болтовни можо выделить немного полезной инфы : Кими подписался на 3 гонки - в мае, осенью и зимой. Кими едет наскар ради веселья и любопытства. Но Кайл Буш рассчитывает на расширение программы, он уже хочет чтобы в следующем году Кими поехал весь сезон НАСКАР.

215882_202121306486553_182700781761939_605151_7759281_n.jpg

Репортёры и фотографы первыми открыли ворота Gresham Motorsports Park этим утром, ожидая прибытие Кими Райкконена.

Gresham Motorsports Park гордится тем, что Райкконен выбрал этот трэк для своих первых тестов в НАСКАР," - говорит главный управляющийGresham Motorsports Park Дэн Эллиотт. "Мы знаем, что Кими будет успешен везде, где бы он не состязался".

Тим менеджер команды Кайла Буша видел сегодня тесты Кими, в интервью каналу он сказал примерно следующее :

Тесты Кими были прекрасны. Они не могли пройти лучше. Обсуждались различные аспекты автомобиля, были детальные обсуждения обратной связи и нюансов управления такими машинами. Ему показалось, что Кими очень заинтересован всем.

Raikkonen faces challenges in NASCAR

Kimi Raikkonen ran over 200 laps in a test for Kyle Busch Motorsports at Gresham Motorsports Park on Monday.

KBM’s general manager Rick Ren said the test was a success.

“Things went very well today,” Ren said. “Very good driver feedback.”

Raikkonen, 31, is scheduled to make his NASCAR debut in the Camping World Truck Series at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 20. Charlotte was chosen due to the Finn’s current World Rally Championship schedule.

Ren says the decision for KBM to test at GMP was “data-based” since Busch had accumulated data from previous Truck tests at the half-mile track.

Ren believes the experience that Raikkonen has gathered racing in a variety of series “is not a bad thing” when it comes to making the transition to NASCAR.

“With him most recently coming from rally cars is probably a lot better than just coming over from Formula One cars to be able to adapt to what we do,“ Ren said. “I think the rally cars will be a plus for what we do.

“I’ve worked with new guys before, but it was when racing wasn‘t nearly as challenging. Back when I did it the playing field had a lot more have-nots than haves. There weren’t a lot of good teams. Now, the playing field is so even, it really puts a lot of it into the driver's hands. It will be a challenge, but every situation is challenging, you just have to go into it with an open mind. I think it’s a great avenue for Kyle Busch Motorsports to be involved with a guy that’s trying to get his career started here.”

During his nine seasons in Formula One, Raikkonen won the 2007 title and 18 races. He’ll become the sixth F1 racer to make the move to stock cars including fellow champion Jacques Villeneuve, Juan Pablo Montoya, Nelson Piquet Jr., Scott Speed and Narain Karthikeyan.

Richard “Slugger” Labbe worked with Villeneuve when he first attempted the move from open wheel to NASCAR. Labbe described the experience as “tough.”

“I remember the first test we went to with Jacques and he couldn’t find reverse,” Labbe said. “We had to back him up. It’s a challenge and whoever is going to be working with him will need a lot of patience. The hard part with Kimi is, with some of these tracks, where are you going to take him to test for Charlotte? We were forced to take JV to Chicago before he went to Vegas but it’s tough with the NASCAR’s new rules to try to find a place to test that’s comparable to Charlotte. That’s going to be the challenge.”

Former Truck champ Travis Kvapil is looking forward to competing against Raikkonen at Charlotte. Kvapil believes Raikkonen will be fine “once he gets some seat time” and familiarizes himself with the vehicle.

“Charlotte is a tough track, but in the Truck series you almost run wide open,“ Kvapil said. “It’s not like you come to Martinsville or Bristol for your first race.

“I was excited when Juan Pablo came to NASCAR. I’m a motorsports fan. I love Formula One and I was a Ferrari/Kimi Raikkonen fan, so to have the opportunity to compete against one of the world’s finest drivers will be pretty cool.”

215794_202121283153222_182700781761939_605150_3657999_n.jpg

Кими проехал 200 кругов на тестах. Главный менеджер команды Рик Рен сказал, что тесты прошли успешно."Очень хорошая отдача от гонщика".

"То, что он пришёл из ралли намного лучше того, если бы он пришёл сразу из Ф1 с точки зрения адаптации к тому, чем мы занимаемся. Я думаю, что опыт ралли это плюс."

"Это вызов, каждая ситуация бросает вызов и вы должны отрыть своё сердце. Я думаю, что это большая возможность для KBM иметь дело с парнем, который пытается здесь дать старт своей карьере."

216467_202121316486552_182700781761939_605152_2584738_n.jpg

SPEED Q&A: Интервью с Бобом Варша о переходе Кими в НАСКАР. (#115349 Юнити)

206873_202121333153217_182700781761939_605153_2217027_n.jpg

BOB VARSHA ANALYZES KIMI RAIKKONEN’S SUDDEN JUMP TO NASCAR

It may have been one of the shortest-lived rumors in NASCAR.

It took only a couple of days for last week’s rumblings of Kimi Raikkonen’s move to NASCAR to become fact. Kyle Busch Motorsports announced over the weekend that the 2007 Formula One champion, currently competing in World Rally Championship after leaving a nine-year F1 career at the end of 2009, will debut in a KBM Toyota Tundra at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the May 20 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (live on SPEED at 8 p.m. ET; NCWTS Setup with Krista Voda at 7:30 p.m. ET).

Below, Bob Varsha, voice of Formula One on SPEED, weighs in on the news that took him by surprise, and shares what he saw Monday morning at Raikkonen’s NASCAR test at Gresham Motorsports Park near Jefferson, Ga:

You originally said you thought the Kimi Raikkonen to NASCAR announcement was an April Fool’s joke. What was your initial reaction to the confirmed news?

Varsha: “My initial reaction was total shock and I’m still trying to get my arms around the fact that Kimi, who is famously self-absorbed when it comes to other forms of racing around the world, would suddenly put his signature to quotes that gushed endlessly about the spirit of American racing and that NASCAR looks like fun. It’s not like Kimi at all, who is one of the most taciturn individuals I’ve ever come across, certainly in motor sports.”

You were at Raikkonen’s test at Gresham Motorsports Park Monday. What did you see?

Varsha: “I was at Gresham Motorsports Park this morning to watch him test one of Kyle Busch’s race trucks. I was there with my colleague Leigh Diffey, one of his relatives and an independent camera man from a FOX affiliate in Atlanta – four people total on a half-mile race track and I knew we were in trouble when the team started looking at us in the grandstand for a long period of time, and sure enough, a couple of the guys from the track came over and told us we had to leave, that the team wanted us off the premises even though we’d been given permission to be there by the team. I guess since the team rented the track, it was up to them to tell us to leave, which kind of surprised me because I thought Kimi was the kind of guy who really doesn’t care what anyone thinks about anything he does.”

“I only saw him make a few reconnaissance laps in a street Toyota Tundra. I left the race track as asked and stood outside the fence a couple hundred yards away and watched the race truck get up to speed. It certainly looked representative. I don’t even know if it was Kimi in the truck or someone else. It could have been Kyle (Busch) himself base-lining the truck. Whoever was in it did about 20 laps and then pulled into the pits and I then went home.”

Why do you think Raikkonen is trying his hand at NASCAR now?

Varsha: “That’s really hard to say. Because I find the whole venture so unusual for Kimi, I have to suppose it’s just another challenge for Kimi. He certainly has made all the money he’ll ever need in Formula One. Contrary to what I think is the popular belief out there, he is not a contracted rally driver in the WRC. Kimi can do whatever he wants. I still find it odd because he is such a reserved guy and hated dealing with the press in F1. That supposedly was one of his motivations for leaving the sport after winning the ’07 World Championship. If Kimi knows anything about NASCAR, he knows NASCAR drivers are almost compelled to be gregarious, fan-friendly, work with the press and so on, which is completely unlike the Kimi those of us who have been involved with his career in F1 know. It just seems so odd.”

Do you think Raikkonen is in for a culture shock when it comes to the up-close-and-personal interaction with NASCAR media and fans?

Varsha: “Unless Kimi just thinks he’s going to come over here and be Kimi and not talk to anyone or hide away somewhere and just get his jollies driving left turn after left turn after left turn without dealing with anybody, in which case I think the whole thing probably will come to a bad end. But it’s very early days here, so who knows? Maybe Kimi will fall in love with the idea of oval track racing and NASCAR and become the greatest un-American-born star in the history of the sport. I’m not trying to poison the waters for Kimi. He’s a superb driver, a guy who came right to Formula One with less than two dozen races in any kind of car on his resume. He proved that he’s spectacular and determined. He may do very well but I just don’t know where the interest is coming from.”

Is World Rally Championship a good intermediate point between F1 and NASCAR for Raikkonen?

Varsha; “I think rally is an exceptional preparation for NASCAR. As Kyle Busch said himself, it’s difficult for open wheel guys (to make the move to NASCAR). What JPM has done is remarkable because he, like most of the open wheel stars who have come to NASCAR for a taste have found, it’s a huge challenge to go from a high-downforce car with a lot of tire grip, aero and mechanical grip, and get in a NASCAR stock car, which has some downforce but has comparedly narrow tires, and all the grip basically is mechanical. The cars are sliding all the time and the tires are very hard and difficult to get your arms around. That has been the downfall of more than one open wheel driver who came to the series unless you have exceptional car control skills. That’s not to say that those who have come and gone haven’t, but certainly Montoya was well-known as being a terrific Formula One driver on cold tires after pit stops and restarts and that sort of thing. And Kimi, being a native Finn, and growing up driving on slippery roads all the time, will have very good car control skills. Look at all the great rally car drivers from Finland. Now here is Kimi practicing as a top-level rally driver in a low downforce car with a lot of sliding around. I think that will set him up perfectly to deal with the challenges of NASCAR.”

Would Raikkonen be among your top F1 driver picks to potentially succeed in NASCAR?

Varsha: “He would be among my top picks. He is a very talented guy and if anybody could do it, if he really puts his mind to it and gives it everything he’s got, he would be one of my first choices to make it.”

Этот слух, возможно, был одним из самых недолговечных в НАСКАР.

Всего пару дней прошло с того момента, когда только началось муссироваться известие о переходе Кими Райкконена в НАСКАР, и вот - это уже состоявшийся факт. Kyle Busch Motorsports объявила в прошлый уикенд, что ЧМ F1 2007 , который выступает в настоящее время в WRC после завершения в 2009 году своей 9-летней карьеры в Формуле, дебютирует 20 мая на KBM Toyota Tundra в гонке младшей серии НАСКАР - Camping World Truck Series (live on SPEED at 8 p.m. ET; NCWTS Setup with Krista Voda at 7:30 p.m. ET).

Боб Варша , голос Формулы 1 на Speed TV, рассуждает об этой новости, которая стала для него сюрпризом, и делится с читателями тем, что он увидел утром в понедельник во время тестов Райкконена на Gresham Motorsports Park , неподалеку от Джефферсона, Джорджия.

Вы первоначально сказали, что , услышав об объявленном переходе Кими Райкконена в НАСКАР, вы подумали, это первоапрельская шутка. Какова была ваша первая реакция, когда вы услышали подтверждение этой новости?

“Моей первоначальной реакцией был полнейший шок, и я все еще пытаюсь осознать тот факт, что Кими, который известен своей погруженностью в самого себя, когда дело касается других видов гонок в мировом автоспорте, вдруг становится автором потока цитат о духе американских гонок и о том, что НАСКАР – это весело. Этот отнюдь не похоже на Кими, который является одним из самых неразговорчивых людей, с кем я когда-либо пересекался в автоспорте. ”

Вы присутствовали на тестах Райкконена на Gresham Motorsports Park в понедельник. Что вы увидели?

“Я был на Gresham Motorsports Park этим утром, чтобы понаблюдать , как он тестирует один из гоночных грузовиков Кайла Буша. Я был там с моим коллегой Ли Диффи, одним из его родственников и независимым оператором из филиала FOX в Атланте – четыре человека, всего-то, на полумильный гоночный трек, и я понял, что у нас проблемы, когда команда принялась поглядывать на нас, привлекая к себе внимание, в течение долгого периода времени, и так оно и вышло: несколько парней из персонала трека подошли к нам и сказали, что мы должны уйти, что команда хочет, чтобы мы покинули территорию, даже не смотря на то, что у нас было разрешение команды. Я предполагаю, что раз команда арендовала трек, то они и должны были бы нам сказать о том, что мы должны уйти, и это меня несколько удивило, т.к. я думал, что Кими – тот парень, которому и в самом деле без разницы - что кто-либо станет говорить о том, чем он занимается.”

“Я только лишь увидел несколько установочных кругов на дорожной Toyota Tundra. Я покинул трассу, как меня о том и просили, и стоял в стороне, за оградой, в нескольких сотнях ярдов , и наблюдал, как гоночный пикап набирает скокрость. Это, определенно, выглядело презентабельно. Я даже не знаю, был ли это Кими на трассе или кто-то еще. Это мог быть и сам Кайл (Буш). Кто бы это ни был, он совершил около 20 кругов, затем остановился , и я отправился домой. ”

Почему, как вы думаете, Райкконен решил себя попробовать в НАСКАР?

“А это, действительно, трудно сказать. Поскольку я нахожу всю эту рискованную затею настолько необычной для Кими, я должен предположить, что это – просто еще один вызов для Кими. Он, определенно, заработал в F1 все деньги, которые ему когда-либо могли понадобиться. В противоположность тому, что, как я думаю, является популярной идеей, он не является гонщиком, связанным контрактом в WRC. Кими может делать всё, что захочет. Я по-прежнему нахожу всё это странным, потому что он – такой замкнутый парень, и он ненавидел иметь дело с прессой в F1. Это был, вероятно, один из тех моментов, которые сподвигли его оставить спорт после завоевания титула ЧМ в 2007 году. Если Кими знает хоть что-нибудь о НАСКАР, он знает, что гонщики в НАСКАР почти что вынуждены быть коммуникабельными , дружелюбными по отношению к болельщикам, должны работать с прессой и тому подобное, что совершенно не похоже на Кими, которого знают те из нас, кто был связан с его карьерой в F1. Это просто кажется таким странным.”

Вы думаете, у Райкконена случится культурологический шок, когда дело дойдет до близкого и личного общения в прессой и болельщиками в НАСКАР?

“Если только Кими думает, что он может всего лишь прийти сюда и остаться Кими, и не разговаривать ни с кем, или скрыться от всех где-нибудь и просто получить свои острые ощущения от прохождения одного левого поворота за другим, не имея ни с кем никаких дел, то в этом случае, я думаю, все закончится плохо. Но сейчас слишком рано об этом говорить, кто знает ? Может быть, Кими полюбит идею гонок на овалах и НАСКАР, и он станет величайшей, родившейся не в Америке, звездой в истории этого спорта. Я не собираюсь сейчас портить картину для Кими. Он великолепный гонщик, парень, который пришел в Формулу 1 с минимальным количеством гонок за плечами. И он доказал, что является блистательным и непреклонным. Он может справиться (в НАСКАР) очень хорошо, но я просто не знаю, откуда исходит его интерес. ”

WRC – это хороший промежуточный пункт для Райкконена между F1 и НАСКАР?

"Я думаю, ралли представляет собой исключительную подготовку к НАСКАР. Как сказал Кайл Буш, переход в НАСКАР – трудное занятие для парней, которые гонялись на машинах с открытыми колесами. То, что сделал ХПМ (Хуан Пабло) - удивительно, потому что для него, как и большинства звезд, пришедших в НАСКАР с “open wheels”, это был огромный вызов - перейти от машин с высокой прижимной силой и покрышек с хорошим сцеплением , от аэро- и механического прижима, к сток-карам НАСКАР, которые обладают определенной прижимной силой, но у которых сравнительно узкие шины, и всё сцепление, в основном, механическое. Машины постоянно скользят, и шины очень жесткие, и со всем этим трудно сладить. Это привело к неудаче многих гонщиков, пришедших в НАСКАР из гонок на машинах с открытыми колесами, если только они не обладали исключительными навыками управления машиной. Я не хочу сказать, что те, кто пришли и потом ушли, этим не обладали, но , определенно, Монтойя был хорошо известен, как гонщик, который был великолепен на холодных шинах после пит-стопов и во время рестартов гонок в F1 и тому подобных вещей. И Кими, будучи финном по рождению, который вырос, гоняясь всё время по скользким дорогам, должен иметь навыки хорошего контроля над машиной. Посмотрите на всех знаменитых раллистов из Финляндии. Теперь Кими практикуется на топ-уровне в ралли (в смысле, в WRC), пилотируя машины с низкой прижимной силой, с многочисленными скольжениями. Я думаю, это отличным образом подготовит его к тому вызову, с которым он столкнется в НАСКАР."

Был бы Кими Райкконен среди ваших топов, если бы вам предложили выбрать среди гонщиков F1 тех, у кого есть потенциал добиться успеха в НАСКАР?

“Он был бы среди моих топов, если бы я выбирал. Он очень талантливый парень, и если кто-то и может это сделать, если он действительно уделит этому внимание и отдаст этому всего себя, он был бы одним из первых, кого бы я выбрал ,в плане возможностси преуспеть в НАСКАР.”

Феттель последовал совету Райкконена. (#114256 Юнити)

35744.jpg

Ранее мы сообщали, что Себастьян Феттель купил себе тщательно продуманный подарок, чтобы отметить свой чемпионский триумф в 2010 году.

Феттель журналистам: “Все, что я могу вам сказать, это то, что он (подарок) заказан, но еще не прибыл. Так что, работайте усердней [чтобы выяснить, о чем идет речь]. ”

И вот немецкий Бильд выяснил, что по совету своего друга Кими Райкконена Феттель заказал себе мотоцикл в студии Hardcore Cycles Маркуса Вальца, за 100 тыс евро. Заказанный Феттелем мотоцикл создается на базе модели Avalanch 120 л.с. и будет готов к сентябрю.

PERHAPS an example of more money than sense, current F1 champion Sebastien Vettel has forked out £60,000 for a custom-built cruiser to celebrate his 2010 F1 world title.

When word got around that Vettel had ordered the motorcycle, the F1 star remained tight-lipped about what he'd bought but former F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen let slip the exact bike Vettel had ordered.

Vettel has commissioned German builder Marcus Walz to customize the Avalanche (shown below), a chopper that is based around a 120bhp chassis, with a total arm-stretching length of 1780mm.

This isn't the first time that Walz has built a bike for the F1 paddock, he previously created the Ferrari inspired chopper for former champion Kimi Raikkonen. The custom motorcycle will be presented to Red Bull Racing driver during the Italian Grand Prix in September.

Кими провёл 2 тестовых дня в НАСКАР. (#115382 Loiste )

205028_202121356486548_182700781761939_605154_385703_n.jpg

За 2 дня тестов 400 кругов.

"Это было очень весело, у меня действительно не было никаких ожиданий и чего-то такого, с чем можно было сравнить [ожидания] заранее, но в конце дня я стал с нетерпением ждать первой гонки. Похоже, KBM - топ команда и я очень рад работать с ними", сказал Кими.

Kimi warms up NASCAR

ICEONE’S RAIKKONEN SOLID IN FIRST NASCAR TEST WITH KYLE BUSCH MOTORSPORTS

Cornelius, NC. (April 5, 2011) – Following Saturday’s announcement that former Formula 1 champion Kimi Raikkonen will make his debut in NASCAR next month, the Finnish driver made his first laps around an oval track during a two-day test session at Gresham Motorsports Park with Kyle Busch Motorsports.

Raikkonen settled in quickly behind the wheel of his Toyota Tundra, posting lap times consistent with previous KBM test sessions at the half-mile asphalt track. The Finn put in over 400 laps over the two day test, working with KBM and the Toyota engineers on various chassis adjustments, shock packages, air pressure and trackbar changes to familiarize Raikkonen with the truck.

“It was a lot of fun, I really had no expectations or anything to compare it to beforehand but at the end of the day, I am really looking forward to the first race,” said Raikkonen. “It seems like KBM is a top team and I am excited to work with them.”

When asked his thoughts following the test, KBM General Manager Rick Ren stated, “On one hand, I am obviously not surprised at all with the type of experience Kimi has and his championship pedigree. But on the other hand, I am very pleasantly surprised.”

Kyle Busch Motorsports announced Saturday at Martinsville Speedway that they have partnered with ICE1RACING, the motorsports outfit of Kimi Raikkonen to drive a limited schedule in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series during the 2011 season. Raikkonen is scheduled to make his NASCAR debut as a teammate to owner Kyle Busch in the N.C. Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 20.

Perky Jerky будут спонсором Кими в НАСКАРе. (#115450 Andrew Smolensky )

www.perkyjerky.com

8341573cbdb4.jpg

PERKY JERKY PARTNERS WITH FORMER FORMULA ONE CHAMPION KIMI RAIKKONEN IN

NASCAR TRANSITION

Perky Jerky creates partnership with IceOne Racing following the announcement that Formula One Champion Kimi Raikkonen

is heading to NASCAR

DENVER, CO. (APRIL 6, 2011) Perky Jerky, the ultra-premium jerky flavored with a hint of guarana that’s quickly gaining fame around the world,

announced today its sponsorship of former Formula One World Champion and current World Rally competitor, Kimi Räikkönen. The relationship

is set to launch alongside Räikkönen’s NASCAR debut in the Camping World Truck Series on May 20th.

Known worldwide as “Iceman” for his surgical driving skills and calculated demeanor both on and off the track, Finnish racecar driver Räikkönen

is regarded as one of the world’s most successful professional athletes. Perky Jerky joins the likes of Tag Heuer, Oakley and Alpine Stars as a

sponsor of Räikkönen’s quest for dominance in yet another motorsport, as he heads across the pond to test the waters of NASCAR.

In 2011, Räikkönen will sport the Perky Jerky livery in NASCAR through IceOne Racing, Räikkönen’s motorsport outfit.

Perky Jerky Founder and Chairman of the Herd, Brian Levin, described this moment as "the perfect storm of a hot, new brand and a world class

athlete looking to expand his greatness”.

Levin continued, “Kimi Räikkönen is a savvy competitor and marketer worldwide, and he is a perfect fit for the culture of our lifestyle brand. The

Iceman offers Perky Jerky a unique opportunity to vault itself into the global spotlight and we are excited to be a part of this.”

“Perky Jerky is an excellent product”, said Räikkönen, “Not only does it taste great, but it is a fun brand to be a part of.”

Already entrenched in NASCAR as the official and exclusive jerky of the DAYTONA 500, Perky Jerky has developed a marketing strategy that

includes consumer sampling via velcro suits, better known as the “jerk suit” and tasting opportunities via the “jerk bar”, a traveling sampling

display, which has become a must-stop at multiple NASCAR events around the country.

About Perky Jerky: Four years ago during a ski lift calamity, Perky Jerky’s founders spilled energy drink all over their stash of beef jerky.

Stranded, hungry and 40-feet off the ground, they ate the soaked jerky and realized they were on to something. Three years in the kitchen and

hundreds of homemade jerky recipes later, Perky Jerky was perfected and launched in 2009. In less than two years, Perky Jerky has quickly

reached stratospheric levels of popularity amongst athletes, moms, students, troops and truckers alike. Perky Jerky can be found at many

retailers across the country, including Home Depot, 7-Eleven, Publix, Target, Sports Authority and many other fine retailers. Keep up with Perky

Jerky on Facebook and on Twitter

Стало известно, кто будет спонсировать чемпиона мира Формулы-1 2007 года Кими Райкконена в NASCAR Truck Series. Поддерживать финна будет производитель энергетического мяса Perky Jerky. Кроме того, спонсировать Райкконена будут Tag Heuer, Oakley и Apline Stars.

"Perky Jerky – превосходный продукт. У него не только отличный вкус, но это также забавный бренд", — цитирует Райкконена пресс-релиз компании.

"Кими Райкконен – гонщик, известный по всему миру. Он превосходно подходит стилю нашего бренда. "Айсмен" предоставит Perky Jerky уникальную возможность продемонстрировать нашу компанию всему миру", — сказал основатель компании Брайан Левин.

НАСКАР: Ветераны дают советы Райкконену (#115456 Юнити)

NASCAR: Veterans offer advice for Räikkönen

By AL PEARCE on 4/05/2011

Бретт Бодин и Джефф Гордон о Кими Райкконене в НАСКАР.

Бывший гонщик/владелец команды и действующий исполнительный директор НАСКАР Бретт Бодин (Brett Bodine) думает, что после всех тех лет, которые Райкконен провёл в F1, и после его нынышнего опыта в ралли , переход Кими в Camping World Truck Series будет безболезненным, с гоночной точки зрения.

Бодин более обеспокоен тем, как Райкконен адаптируется к НАСКАР вне трассы, чем тем, с чем он может столкнуться в соревновательном плане.

“Мне будет любопытно посмотреть, как он справится с этой открытой атмосферой, где все и всё в гараже в значительной степени открыты для наблюдения всех и каждого," - сказал Бодин. - "Ему предстоит увидеть множество таких вещей, которых он никогда не видел прежде, и ему придется научиться справляться со многими такими вещами. Он не привык быть настолько открытым, чтобы члены других команд работали со своими грузовиками прямо рядом с ним, когда всё открыто для обозрения, а не находится в закрытых гаражах.”

"И он никогда не был в ситуации, когда масс-медиа - повсюду, и всё время задают вопросы, фотографируют и просят об интервью. Я слышал, что он может быть достаточно холоден с людьми [его ник - "Iceman"- ой-ой], так что , это то, с чем ему здесь придётся столкнуться . И он никогда не был там, где болельщики находятся прямо в гараже и на пит-роуд. Нам всем интересно посмотреть (про любопытную Варвару господа явно не наслышаны :) ), как он адаптируется ко всему, что будет происходить вокруг него. Это будет абсолютно новая для него атмосфера.”

“Хуан Пабло Монтойя совершил переход из F1 через КАРТ в НАСКАР в 2007 году – и этот переход не выглядел особенно трудным.”

“Хуан не похож на Кими, и у него был опыт в Инди, что послужило буфером при его переходе из Формулы,” – продолжил Бодин. – “Серия КАРТ не была такой открытой, как НАСКАР, но она была для него хорошим опытом, чтобы быть готовым к НАСКАР после F1”.

“Я думаю, Райкконен будет хорош, когда совершит свой дебют 20 мая (тьфу на вас, товарищ, хоть и спасибо) на Шарлотт, потому что для грузовиков это как Талладега. Вы просто гоните , по полной программе, всю дорогу. И то, что он сейчас гоняется в ралли – хорошая тренировка для таких гонок, гораздо лучшая, чем F1. Гонщики в ралли не волнуются по поводу аэродинамики; всё, что их заботит – это контролировать свою машину и чувствовать ее на том покрытии, на котором она в данный момент находится. У них великолепные навыки контроля над машиной, так что у него здесь всё должно быть в порядке.”

Джефф Гордон предвкушает первый опыт общения Кими с прессой.))

“Жду-не дождусь, когда у него будут брать интервью, потому что, когда вы, парни, получите односложные ответы на ваши вопросы, это будет прикольно. Я могу вам сказать, что он не собирается много говорить. Вы задаете вопрос, и вы можете получить на него односложный ответ - и это будет Кими. Он не даст вам повода долго с ним беседовать.))) Я , может быть, приду сюда, чтобы поприсутствовать на этой первой встрече с прессой. ” ( :D )

Гордон, вероятно, самый большой поклонник F1 в НАСКАР. И в таком качестве, он признает, что у Райкконена есть талант, чтобы в конечном счете “разгадать” гонки на овалах и быть тут успешным, если он поставит перед собой такую цель.

“Я восхищаюсь Кими, потому что он очень талантлив. Я не могу поверить, что он приходит в НАСКАР, также , как я не мог поверить, когда было объявлено о переходе Хуана Пабло. Это многое говорит о НАСКАР – то, что такой гонщик, как Кими, рассматривает возможность прийти сюда, и я восхищаюсь им ещё и потому, что он захотел начать с гонок на грузовиках, а не отправился прямиком в Спринт Кап.”

"Понятно, что если вы думаете, что вы - лучший гонщик в мире, и что вы можете запросто прийти сюда, запрыгнуть в машину Спринт Кап и тут же быть конкурентоспособным, то вы сами себя дурачите. И я думаю, насколько же круты наши гонки, раз мы привлекли такой талант. Это потрясающе. Я надеюсь однажды увидеть его в серии Спринт Кап. "

Кто-то спросил Гордона, какой совет он дал бы Райкконену, если бы тот пришёл к нему за советом.

"Они знают, как справляться с различными машинами и как адаптироваться к ним, так что не так и много чего можно им рассказать. Но НАСКАР - это серия с такими машинами, которые бросают гонщикам вызов, много больший, чем можно себе представить, особенно, если вы до этого гонялись на машинах с высокой прижимной силой. Я думаю, раллийная машина, которую он сейчас пилотирует, даёт ему больше опыта и позволяет ему лучше подготовиться [к НАСКАР], чем любой из его болидов в F1. Самое последнее, чего вам захочется, это сделать так, чтобы почувствовать одну из этих машин так, как машину F1, или хотя бы понадеяться на то, что , может быть, однажды, вам это удастся, потому вам это не удастся никогда.”

“Так что, я бы сказал ему - будь терпеливым и имей в своем распоряжении лучшую технику из той, что только возможна, и – вперёд, следуй за парнями, которые едут быстро. Изучай лучшие траектории и точки торможения на каждом из треков. Это будет самый быстрый путь, я так думаю, чтобы научиться, и адаптироваться и стать конкурентоспособным.”

Райкконен продолжит тесты в НАСКАР в четверг. (#115489 Loiste)

Как тебе овалы?

- Новое и другое, ответил Райкконен.

- Наскар предлагает Кими новый интересный мир и совершенно новый вызов. Самое главное сейчас, это запастись терпением, говорит Рику Кувайя.

Räikkönen's NASCAR-tests continue on Thursday

Turun Sanomat 6.4 2011 22:54:21

The crowned king of track-racing, Kimi Räikkönen, drove for the first time in his life two days on an American oval track and he will continue his adventure by testing Kyle Busch Motosports -team's Toyota Tundra on Thursday.

Räikkönen circled on Monday and Tuesday 400 times the half mile oval in Gresham. He has now about 320 km experience of the Camping World Truck -car. The laptimes have been solid and the driver's professionality has now come to its own.

What is driving on ovals like?

– New and different, Räikkönen tells Turun Sanomat shortly not wanting to explain it more.

Räikkönen's ICE1 Racing -team has leased a truck from the leading KBM-team only for Charlotte's race on 20th May. According to Kyle Busch they have been negotiating about 3-5 truck-class races with Räikkönen's representatives.

In practice everything is wide open and Räikkönen's own feeling will decide how he will start developing his NASCAR-career.

Different setup-work

The first testing session is purely an experiment to understand driving on ovals. To find setups for corners that continuously turn in the same direction on a track with inclination is also very unusual when comparing to European track-classes.

– This offers Kimi an interesting new world and a completely new challenge. The most important thing is now to proceed with patience, Räikkönen's spokesman Riku Kuvaja said.

– NASCAR is a really huge and very professionally run show, Kuvaja emphasises.

Kyle Busch announced last Saturday in Martinsville Speedway NASCAR-race that he has done a deal with Räikkönen's ICE1 Racing over a selected race schedule in Camping World Truck Series.

Rally notes already on Monday

After the tests are over Räikkönen will return to Europe and go to the Middle-East because Jordan's WRC-rally is next week. He starts making pace notes on Monday, the rally takes off on Wednesday and ends on Saturday.

After Jordan Räikkönen skips Sardinia's and Argentina's rallies. This way he has time to concentrate on his NASCAR-debut.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Статья в итальянском Автоспринте про Кими в НАСКАРе. (#115491 Loiste)

http://maxpapis.com/wp-content/uploads/AUTOSPRINT-04_05_2011.pdf

cb146f4e75fab5f5e41653aa7693dc54.jpg

Довольно интересно рассказывает итальянский участник Трак Серии Макс Папис о машинах Трак Серии и вообще приходе Кими. Лирику пропущу ( он рад приходу Кими, думает, что это притянет больше итальянских болельщиков в Наскар, говорит, что здесь всегда можно прийти и спросить совета, и если ты искренен, тебе всегда помогут и встретят с открытым сердцем все, даже чемпионы.

Все машины 3х дивизионов НАСКАРа имеют одинаковое шасси, каркас и салов машины должен выглядеть максимально приближенно к дорожной версии авто.

Движок такой же, как и на машинах Спринт Капа - 5.8 л V8, с большим или меньшим рестриктором в зависимости от категории. Пикапы развивают 650 л\с, машины Спринт Капа - 800. Трансмиссию и коробку можно купить у разных поставщиков ( нет монополии, ура), но все коробки с 4 передачами.

В серии пикапов 4 производителя с различными моделями машин : Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150 ( :haha: феррари, привет), Dodge Ram и Toyota Tundra. В сезоне 26 гонок и они проходят в одни уикенды с Капом (так в Америке называют Спринт Кап) и Нэйшнуайдом (2 дивизион), но это не низшая серия НАСКАРа, как например ГП2 для Ф1. Это полноценная серия НАСКАР.

Все гонки серии пикапов показывают на Speed TV и аудитория - 800 000 человек, больше, чем у Индикара. ;) Так что пикапы - 3 гонки в Америки по популярности.

В серии пикапов гоняют также и гонщики Капа, такие как Hornaday и Bodine, а также те, кто устал кататься в Капе на неконкурентоспособной технике. Также команды Капа отсылают молодых гонщиков из программы поддержки в пикапы набираться опыта. В гонке участвуют 36 пилотов, в то время как квалу пытаются пройти 40 - 42 машины. Из них первым 25 место на стартовой решётке гарантировано. Все участники получают деньги. :D За 36е место 8 тыщ $, за первое - от 50 до 80 000$.

Ну и Макс также говорит, что опыт ралли очень поможет Кими, хотя ему надо много узнать и многому научиться.

Все овалы очень разные. Martinsvillе, например (Кими поедет в октябре) всего 800 метров с углом наклона 8 град и временем на круге 19 сек ), а Дайтона - 4км с углом 33 град и временем 51 сек.

Kimi in Nascar, Max Papis's suggestions

When people ask me: do you race with vans? I answer, no, I race in the NASCAR Truck Series. Raikkonen's arrival in our series is an opportunity to explain you my world. The top Nascar series is divided into three categories: Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Truck. All three have vehicles made with a similar chassis, steel hand-built tubular and covered with a body that must looks like the road cars as closely as possible: saloon car in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and pick up in the Truck Series, the popular vehicles with rear body that are the most popular cars ever in USA along with the SUV.

The Truck engines are the same as NASCAR Sprint Cup: all 5.8-liter V8 with more or less restrictions, depending on the category, to produce 650 hp in Truck Series and 800 hp in the Cup (that's how we name the Sprint Cup Series in USA). All the cars share the transmission and the gear box that you can choose among different suppliers, but all with front clutch and 4 H speed gearbox .

Now that you know that the Truck is not a sort of modified Ape car but “naughty racing beast” I'll tell you that in the Truck Series there are four manufacturers with many models: the Chevrolet Silverado, the Ford F-150, the Dodge Ram and my Toyota Tundra. The championship is of 26 races and is held the same weekend of the Cup and Nationwide, but we are not a lower category as the GP2 with F1, but a real all-in-one Nascar event.

The races are broadcasted live on Speed TV with an audience of more than 800,000 listeners every race, much more than Indycar, so this makes the Truck Series the third motorsport in the United States.

There are a lot different drivers, former Sprint Cup drivers like Hornaday and Bodine, now in the Truck, and drivers like me, who tired to drive a not competitive car in the Cup, decided to race in a top team in the Truck Series. And also young drivers, who are part of a development Sprint Cup team, and compete into Truck series to gain experience. All these ones are the 36 drivers who compete in each race, where 40-42 Trucks try to qualify and the first 25 have the place on the grid guaranteed. As normal in the U.S., all the 36 runners receive a race prize, from $ 8.000 of the 36th to 50-80.000 dollars for the winner.

The Truck Series is the most internationally NASCAR championship because like me, an Italian, there are Paludo and Piquet Jr. who are Brazilian, some Canadians and in May Raikkonen will also come, bringing even more attention to our series.

I hope Kimi leaves the arrogance at home and comes in the U.S. with the humility of one who has to learn, because here everything is different, from the use of yellow flags, to the hardness on the track. There is much malice but not wickedness: here we say "rubbing is racing" as saying that leaning is part of the game. But this doesn’t mean to throw out your competitor; if you do it, next race you let him pass through or you're the one who doesn’t finish the race. Because in Nascar you pay your debts on the track, not in front of the stewards.

Kimi will certainly have much to learn even if he is a super champion with a great talent, because you can’t test on the tracks where we run in the race and because we don’t use any data system. This means that your reference will be seeing the others drivers in the race. That’s why learning to go fast in Nascar takes time. Raikkonen has never competed in a race on an oval and will be difficult at the beginning because the ovals are a strange “beast”. Each track is different, from Martinsville that is just 800 meters long with a banking angle of 8 degrees and where a lap can be covered in just 19 seconds, to Daytona, 4 km long with a banking of 33 degrees and a lap of 51''.

The experience that Raikkonen has gained in recent years in rallies will help him a lot more than if he had started in Nascar directly from F1, because you have to react, improvise, to adapt yourself to the car and to the change of the track and the experience that Raikkonen has gained in recent years in rallies will help him a lot more than if he had started in Nascar directly from F1, because you have to react, improvise, to adapt yourself to the car and to the change of the track and tyres grip.

And then the trajectories: you must learn to change them frequently, and there is not the ideal line but the line that best fits the setup of your truck. A good quality of the Nascar world is that if you don’t understand much, you can always go and ask people who are more experienced than you: and the more you will be sincere, the more the champions will open their hearts with you and give you a real hand, they will bring you on the track with the pace car to explain you the secrets of the circuits. Like Jimmie Johnson and Mark Martin have done with me.

And with that I welcome Raikkonen in the Truck Series hoping he will enjoy as much as I enjoy myself. And I hope that this is another step forward to bring the Italian fans in the special world of NASCAR, where everything is tailor made for the spectator, and not vice versa.

Кайл Буш о прошедших тестах Кими в НАСКАР. (#115492 Loiste)

c320184e6d35t.jpg f942e53f1f61t.jpg 8b133005872bt.jpg 292c18c94e99t.jpg

Уклон тестовой трассы был 12 град.

Räikkönen drove hundreds of laps in oval tests

Turun Sanomat 6.4 2011 00:59:00

Kimi Räikkönen made hundreds of laps on Gresham's oval track on both Monday and Tuesday. The 800 meter lap is over in 20 seconds.

Räikkönen has trained with NASCAR-serie's World Camping Truck Toyota car that he leased from the leading Kyle Busch Motorsports -team. Busch himself rushed from the weekend's NASCAR-races to follow and guide Räikkönen's test at the place.

According to information Turun Sanomat has, Räikkönen's test was successful and the rookie enjoyed the driving to the fullest.

Gresham's track was reserved for a private test so they didn't let any outsiders in. They have promised a press release on Wednesday morning about Räikkönen's test-feelings.

Busch believes rally will help

Busch believes that Räikkönen's rally experiences are an advantage in this new challenge.

– I'm sure it is helpful now that he is used to downforce-power and the grip changing all the time. Sometimes you fly in the air. Kimi has been in both of these worlds and NASCAR has the best parts of both F1- and rally-driving.

– Our cars have a lot of downforce but still the cars slide and slide all the time everywhere. You just have to understand how to cope best with it, Busch said in a recent interview after the NASCAR-race.

So far Räikkönen has a contract about Charlotte's oval on 20th May in the truck-serie. Kyle Busch revealed that they have been negotiating about 3-5 races.

– Charlotte is a tricky place to start NASCAR-races – whether you drive truck, Nationwide or Sprint Cup. If Kimi manages to finish his debut with dry feet, then he can expect to get a position 15-20. That alone would already be a success. I try to help him the best I can, Busch told.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Kimi The Cowboy

Turun Sanomat 6.4 2011 00:52:52

So now Formula 1 -champion Kimi Räikkönen has then drove his life's first hundred laps on an oval track. From somewhere deep down in Georgia I found out from someone who was there, that the 31-year old rookie had a big smile all the time.

The man loves new challenges and NASCAR pick up -trucks on a 800 meter long oval offers them 110 %. The experience will sink into the subconcious only because there is no recorded telemetry for after-analysis.

My Columbian reporter buddy Diego Mejia uses the headline Kimi The Cowboy in every message he sends concerning this Finnish territorial conquest. NASCAR is afterall the pure yankee rednecks' favorite sport and Räikkönen will seriously get to know what real cowboy-spirit is like.

The test area is a minioval which inclination is in a 12 degree angle. On long 4 km ovals like Daytona those inclinations are about 33 degrees and there you go with a big bang into the wall and make the car go into small pieces.

I know that Räikkönen has planned to drive on those really big ovals and maybe even Sprint Cup this year.

The Italian Max Papis has drove F1 and now NASCAR for the last years. Papis praised in his column in Auto Sprint -magazine that due to Räikkönen's switch even the Italians will get more interested about the leading motorsport serie in USA.

Papis said he switched from the highest Sprint Cup into truck-serie because that way he could switch from an uncompetitive car to a top car in it's own class.

Papis emphasised that truck is the 3rd most famous motorsport-serie in USA when measured by tv-spectators that the serie has about 800.000.

Papis also believes that Räikkönen will get advantage from his rally-background compared to his competitors who switched directly from F1 to these races. In rally you have to improvise very quickly with grips that change from place to place.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

The oval test spiked up Räikkönen's urges to compete

Turun Sanomat 6.4 2011 10:30:25

Kimi Räikkönen tamed quickly his new NASCAR-serie's worktool Toyota Tundra -truck car in his first test on Gresham Motosports Park's short oval track.

Räikkönen drove over 400 laps during two days on a half mile oval and got solid laptimes when compared to previous tests on the track.

The Finn worked with Kyle Busch Motorsports -team and Toyota's engineers. They had scheduled different setup- and tyre-tests in order to get Räikkönen familiarized with this completely different racing car that the European driver didn't know from before.

– It has been great. I came here and didn't have any expectations beforehand because I had nothing to compare it with. I seems like Kyle Busch Motorsports is a top team and it's exciting to work with them. I am waiting to get to race with this car, Räikkönen said in his press release this morning.

- On one hand I'm not amazed at all when knowing Kimi's wide exprecience and his championship-level. Yet on the other hand I'm very happily surprised over what I saw, Ren said.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

GRESHAM, Ga. (April 6, 2011)- Just two days after finalizing a partnership to run a limited NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM), IceOne Racing's Kimi Raikkonen participated in a two-day test in the team's Toyota Tundra's at Gresham Motorsports Park in Jefferson. Ga.

Rick Ren, General Manager Kyle Busch Motorsports:

"Overall the test went really well. We ran about 400 laps total between Monday and Tuesday. Kimi provided good feedback that allowed us to make our Toyota Tundra go faster. He is very methodical with his acceleration, braking and steering and there is no doubt that he has a good feel for a race vehicle. We threw a lot at him over the two days. We made a lot of chassis changes to both the front and rear. Shock adjustments, air pressure adjustments and trackbar adjustments so he could get a good feel for how these adjustments affect the handling of the truck. For being unfamiliar with a truck and unfamiliar with the track, he did an outstanding job. We made both race runs and qualifying runs and there is no doubt that making the truck go fast will not be a problem."

Kimi Raikkonen:

"It was a lot of fun, I really had no expectations or anything to compare it to beforehand but at the end of the day, I am really looking forward to the first race. It seems like KBM is a top team and I am excited to work with them."

Кайл : "В целом, тесты прошли хорошо. Мы проехали около 400 кругов в пн и вт. Кими обеспечил хорошую обратную связь, что позволило нам сделать нашу Тойоту Тандра быстрее.Он очень методичен в ускорении, торможении и работе с рулём, и нет никаких сомнений, что у него хорошее чувство гоночной машины. Мы много работали эти 2 дня. Мы сделали множество изменений в шасси и в передней части и в задней. Настройки амортизаторов, регулировки давления в шинах и настройки подвески, и мы получили хорошие результаты, как эти изменения проявляли себя на треке. Мы проделали выдающуюся работу. Мы потренировали и гонку, и квалу, так что нет никаких сомнений, что заставить ехать пикап быстро не будет проблемой".

# Kyle Busch says Kimi Raikkonen was testing at @RockinghamSpeed today, was faster than expected, then jetted off to Jordan for Rally racing.

Кайл Буш говорит, что Кими сегодня тестировался на Рокингем Спидвей, был быстрее, чем ожидалось, затем улетел в Иорданию.

В Автоспорте из рубрики "Ты говоришь" (#115504 Loiste )

WV1Cq.png

"Кими - парень, которые наслаждается жизнью. Я считаю, что если ты любишь гонки и хорош в этом, то имеет смысл попробовать себя во многих дисциплинах, которые мир моторспорта может предложить тебе. Он ещё молод, чтобы вернуться в Ф1. Но, надо сказать, может и не стоит это делать : возвращение Шумахера совршенно не привело в восторг, и было бы досадно, если бы Кими совершил эту же ошибку. Возможно, Майклу бы стоило последовать примеру Кими..."

Каролин Уайт, Эссекс.

Кайл Буш о тестах и планах Кими. (#115565 Юнити )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhx408aHPL0&feature=player_embedded

Former F1 champ Kimi Raikkonentests Kyle Busch truck, already has sights on Cup, Nationwide races

By Bob Pockrass

Thursday, April 07, 2011

FORT WORTH, Texas – Former Formula One champion Kimi Raikkonen tested a Kyle Busch Motorsports truck today at Rockingham (N.C.) Speedway and already has talked to team owner Kyle Busch about running Nationwide and Sprint Cup events.

The 31-year-old Finnish driver, who currently competes full time in the World Rally Championship after a nine-year F1 career that included his 2007 championship while driving for Ferrari, tested Monday and Tuesday at Gresham (Ga.) Motorsports Park.

An international star with 18 career F1 victories, Raikkonen has sponsorship from Perky Jerky beef jerky for his NASCAR races and several international companies as personal sponsors – making the Cup talk more than just a driver fantasy.

But his only signed deal as of today, according to sources, is with KBM for an unspecified number of truck races. The first will come May 20 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the plan likely is to run three to five races.

“He has asked after the truck debut in Charlotte, which is what our first focus is, to kind of evaluate and see where he’s at and how he feels and what he wants to do,” Busch said Thursday at Texas Motor Speedway.

“He has asked about Nationwide and Cup and if Kyle Busch Motorsports could do that or where would be the best place to do that. He wants to re-evaluate all that once we get past Charlotte.”

Raikkonen is a Red Bull athlete but Red Bull Racing has not had any conversations with him about competing in NASCAR, team general manager Jay Frye said Friday. He has talked with other Cup teams, according to sources. The most likely place for a Cup debut would be at the road course at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif. in June.

KBM might be able to field a Nationwide car for Raikkonen, but a Cup program likely would be a stretch for Busch’s organization.

“We just said we would evaluate,” Busch said about what he told Raikkonen when asked about doing Nationwide or Cup. “I’ve told everybody here that KBM would like to go to Nationwide. We would like to have a full-time Nationwide team next year. In order to work towards that, you would work towards that this year.

“If it came to be the right situation and we could get cars built or get cars from JGR, it would all be a tell-tale thing, so we’ll just have to wait and see. Right now, our focus is on Charlotte and the truck race there and making sure we get the right stuff under Kimi that he can run well there.”

As far as the tests in the last few days, Busch said Raikkonen has had no problem going fast in the truck.

“The test went really well at Gresham,” Busch said. “Kimi is a race-car driver so he does know how to drive race cars and drive them well. … I got to get in the truck myself and ran some laps just to kind of see where I compared to where he was at on tires and stuff, and we ran identical lap times.

“So he’s right there. He knows what he’s doing.”

Part of the test at Gresham was to get Raikkonen used to the intricacies of NASCAR racing.

“It was just kind of getting his feet used to running caution laps, running down pit road, watching the lights on the tach and how all that goes and then working on some restart stuff and getting him accustomed to coming up through the gears quick and not spinning the tires on restarts,” Busch said. “There are still some things that we’d like to work on a little bit more, but we don’t feel like there’s any time before he gets back [for the race].

“They were in Rockingham [Thursday] with our trucks, and he did good again. He ran a lot better than we expected to run there, a lot faster than we expected to run there. So I’m real happy with it.”

In a statement released after the Gresham test, Raikkonen said he enjoyed his first time in the truck.

“It was a lot of fun,” Raikkonen said. “I really had no expectations or anything to compare it to beforehand but at the end of the day, I am really looking forward to the first race. It seems like KBM is a top team and I am excited to work with them.”

Что касается тестов Райкконена , которые он провёл в течение нескольких последних дней, Кайл Буш сказал, что у Кими нет никаких проблем с тем, чтобы быстро пилотировать пикапы.

Кайл Буш: “Тесты в Грешеме прошли , на самом деле, хорошо. Кими – гонщик, поэтому он знает, как пилотировать гоночные машины, и пилотировать их хорошо.. Я сам отправился на трек, проехать несколько кругов, просто для того, чтобы посмотреть, где я окажусь в сравнении с ним, на тех же шинах, в тех же условиях, и мы показали идентичные времена на круге. ” ))

“Так что, он [здесь] на своем месте. Он знает, что делает. ”

Частью тестов в Грешеме были тренировки различных гоночных процедур/ситуаций (премудростей, короче) в НАСКАР. Здесь есть ещё, над чем поработать.

Кайл также сказал, что во время тестов Кими расспрашивал его о Nationwide и о Cup, и сможет ли КБМ там выступать ,или для выступлений там есть лучшие возможности. “После Шарлотт он хочет всё это заново оценить. ”

А вот что рассказал Кайл Буш о сегодняшних тестах: “В четверг они были в Рокингеме, на наших пикапах, и он снова был хорош. Он проехал намного лучше, чем мы ожидали здесь, намного быстрее, чем мы ожидали, он сможет проехать тут. Так что, я действительно доволен.”

Кими соблазнен Лас-вегасским призом. (#115682 *Icy Kimi* )

s_1302290213_76a88c2d8c.jpeg

Экс-чемпион мира Формулы 1 Кими Райкконен признал, что мог бы побороться за убийственный денежный приз в 5 млн. долларов призовых на предложение финала серии Индикар в этом году в Лас-Вегасе.

Сейчас финн соревнуется в Мировом Чемпионате по Ралли, но говорит, что у него все еще есть стремления в гонках, включая победу в Ле-Мане и, возможно, мешки наличных на предложение, если гость-гонщик сможет выиграть финал Индикар в этом году, – но если только он сможет выступить с топ-командой.

Райкконен, который покинул Феррари в конце 2009 года, сказал: «Я читал об этой идее на финал Индикар, и, конечно, люди будут заинтересованы, потому что организаторы предлагают много денег».

Отвечая на вопрос о своих собственных интересах в соревновании на овале автодрома в Лас-Вегасе, он сказал: «Я не уверен. Вы собираетесь получить хорошую машину? Они всегда говорят, что Вы получите лучший автомобиль! Я не знаю. Это совсем другое».

Рэнди Бернард, президент Индикар, ожидает, что топ-команды в серии предоставят дополнительные автомобили для пяти гостей-гонщиков, приглашенных в гонку. Но легендарный босс команды Роджер Пенске не воодушевлен прибавлением еще одной Даллары к его команде с тремя машинами. «Я бы скорее выиграл чемпионат, чем 5 млн. долларов», – сказал Пенске. «Я думаю, есть и другие вещи, которые мы могли бы сделать для создания большей шумихи».

Пока Райкконен не решил по поводу дебюта в Индикар, он сказал, что, безусловно, заинтересован в гонке 24 часа Ле-Мана. «Я не буду участвовать в Ле-Мане в этом году», – сказал Райкконен. «Но я хочу сделать это однажды. И я хочу сделать это на хорошей машине, а не на прошлогодней. Если Вы идете туда, Вы хотите обеспечить себе лучший шанс на победу».

В этом году темп Райкконена в WRC улучшился с приходом команды Citroen DS3, но его надежды на хороший финиш на прошлой неделе на Ралли Португалии были испорчены проколом.

При этом Райкконен не единственный гонщик WRC, обдумывающий гонку Индикар в Вегасе, – товарищ по команде Citroen также увлечен дебютом в Американской гонке.

Autosport, 31 Марта 2011

Дэвид Эванс

Команда Кими по мотокроссу ICE ONE Racing неудачно провела первую гонку чемпионата мира. (#115726 Nataly )

218135_203127823052568_182700781761939_612546_3364876_n.jpg

Windy start for motocross Grand Prix

The motocross Grand Prix in Sevlievo, Bulgaria started with practice rounds in very windy conditions. Challenging track sorted the riders for tomorrow’s competition. Ludde Söderberg placed 33th in the qualifying race, Toni Eriksson on the other hand crashed and is forced not to compete in tomorrow’s race.

The opening day of Grand Prix season consisted of practice, qualifying practice and qualifying race. The gusty winds added difficulty to the already challenging motocross track in Sevlievo and the riders faced tough conditions.

”Wind added mistakes, which followed me to the track. In the qualifying practice I was caught by the wind and ended up crashing. I injured my heel a bit in the hit”, discribed Ludde Söderberg the training day. ”I fought the qualifying race, got to start from somewhere.”

Toni Eriksson wasn’t that lucky today. In the end of the practice round as he was adding speed, he made a jump too big and injured his right foot. ”We took exrays of the foot immediately, and luckily there was no fractures, yet there is too much pain to compete, explains the team manager Kari Tiainen the situation.

”I tried to ride in the qualifying practice, but the ancle doesn’t take any jumping, neither can I use the back break nor touch the ground with it. It’s impossible to race with the foot, no matter how much I wanted to”, adds unlucky Eriksson.

There are three Finnish riders in the Motocross Grand Prix Circus this season. Along with ICE1RACING riders Ludde Söderberg and Toni Eriksson, Harri Kullas compates also in MX2 class.

Söderberg fought through the first GP

– ICE1RACING in the view

The fight of the first points in the motocross Grand Prix in Sevlievo Bulgaria was tough – the season opening was won by Clément Desalle in MX1 and Ken Roczen in MX2. The Finnish motocross took a great leap forward by having three riders in the race, although the ICE1RACING riders Toni Eriksson and Ludde Söderberg weren’t able to reach the results of their potential. The ICE1RACING team received a lot of attention at the paddock and Kimi Räikkönen was the name on the lips of many.

The Motocross Grand Prix had its’ season opening on a great track in Sevlievo Bulgaria. The lead in MX1 class was taken by Clément Desalle with a great victory on the second race and 2nd place on the first race. The second this weekend was Steven Frossard with the victory in the first race and third Jonathan Barragan.

For the Finns the fight in MX1 class ended unfortunately in the practice round yesterday, when Toni Eriksson hurt his right foot in the landing of an oversized jump. ”We tried to numb the foot, so that it could take some hits, but unfortunately we had no luck. I can’t put any pressure on the foot, so the race was out of my hands today”, says unlucky Eriksson.

In MX2 on the other hand were two Finns on the line - Harri Kullas, who had his first season in GP last year, got challenge from newcomer Ludde Söderberg. The results are still expected mainly from Kullas, but Söderberg is full of excitement. ”I have to start from somewhere. The first race had one small crash that threw me off, otherwise I am fairly satisfied to my performance. Of course there is still a lot of seconds to be taken away, but I think the placing will get better as the start anxiety wears off”, sums Söderberg.

The MX2 class was won by Ken Roczen, who won both races, second was Tommy Searle and third Jeffrey Herlings. Harri Kullas was 12th in the end results and Ludde Söderberg 27th.

”The weekend was interesting. Of course the start would have been easier if the boys would have ridden on their normal level, but now we have the first race off the way. The first race brings always a little bit too much excitement to the game, which results mistakes”, explains the team manager Kari Tiainen. ”We received a lot of good feedback during the weekend and it was great to realize that we are considered a team to reckoned with in the grand prix circus. There is a lot of interest towards us, which naturally boosts our work. We had a lot of visitors and Kimi’s name was on the lips of many – we are a unique team with good working spirit.”

Toni's injury forces to take a break

ICE1RACING rider Toni Eriksson injured – chance for young riders to shine

In Sevlievo Bulgaria injured motocross rider Toni Eriksson has to wait for his return to the race track, further examinations revealed three fractions in the instep of the right foot. Eriksson needs 6-8 weeks for the recovery. ICE1RACING will bring their junior team substitute rider to Grand Prix, Santtu Tiainen from Siilinjärvi will start in the next GP race 25.4. in Valkenswaard Holland.

Toni Eriksson, the MX1 class motocross rider injured himself in the official practice of the opening Grand Prix race in Sevlievo Bulgaria. Eriksson injured his right foot in the landing of his jump. The foot was examined immediately in Bulgaria, when the x-ray didn’t show any fractions. However, in the further examinations in Belgium, three fractions in the instep of the foot were dedected and the foot needed a cast.

”I couldn’t put any weight on the foot, so the further examinations were done immediately when I got back to our training center”, says unlucky Eriksson. ”Of course I’m disappointed, especially since I wanted to know what my speed is and now I have to take a break.” Eriksson will return to Finland for rehabilitation today.

”Motocross is very injury prone sport. Of course this is very unfortunate and we wish Toni will be back riding with us soon”, explains the team manager Kari Tiainen. ”In the mean while when Toni is away, we will use ICE1RACING junior team rider Santtu Tianen in Grand Prix. Santtu was prepared to race in European Championship race in Valkenswaard, now he has a chance to test his speed in the Grand Prix level.”

The recovery for Eriksson takes 6-8 weeks.

216272_202889599743057_182700781761939_610767_562576_n.jpg

Переход Кими в НАСКАР удивил гонщиков Ф1. (#115734 Loiste )

Räikkönen's Nascar-switch surprised his F1-buddies

Turun Sanomat 10.4 2011 02:07:00

Kimi Räikkönen's surprising switch to USA's Nascar-challenges has awakend both astonishment and respect in his old racing buddies on the formula paddock.

TS asked the F1-drivers who were preparing for Malaysia GP, how they reacted to the news of Räikkönen's adventure in USA and how they thought Kimi would make it there.

Felipe Massa, who drove with Räikkönen in Ferrari for three years knows as a Brasilian the Nascar-circles.

– Hopefully Kimi gets to really enjoy himself. I am sure that once he has the needed experience, then he will be competitive there too. Kimi has progressed in rally all the time and he is already looking for a new challenge.

– We all know how talented Kimi is as a driver. He is fast on nearly any vehicle. Juan Pablo Montoya did however prove that the start on Nascar-tracks is always difficult. Montoya has been there for 4-5 years now and is finally in the top 10 driving for victory.

– That's why I guess that it will take a couple of years from Kimi before he starts to really succeed. He starts in a lower class so the results might look good in the beginning but when he goes to the higher classes his life will become more difficult - just like it did for Montoya too.

– Kimi is however so talented that he can achieve his goal no matter where he drives, Massa thinks.

Heikki Kovalainen believes that Räikkönen will do well in the States too.

– I have been in Homestead once to watch one NASCAR-race. It was a really popular sport and there was a great atmosphere. I know that it is a completely different world than F1 or WRC.

.– Kimi is a F1-champion and he has also progressed in his rally career. If he gets a chance like that, team and car, then why not go and try out NASCAR also.

– Kimi loves challenges and has tried out many things. He is fast whether he drives a snow mobile, motocross bike or anything else. If you give Kimi a tractor then he will be fast with that too. I'm sure he will do okay as long as he gets a decent car.

– Kimi's strenght is that he adopts to everything so quickly. Even though the setups in his F1-car weren't always in place, he still took out everything out of the car, Kovalainen thinks.

Pedro de la Rosa who worked with Räikkönen for a long time at McLaren, admits that he was quite astonished when he heard the news.

– I have never talked with Kimi about NASCAR so it is a quite surprising move from him. I thought Kimi had committed fully to rally. On the other hands it's sad that he doesn't drive the full WRC-season because it looks like he becomes more and more competitive all the time.

– However Kimi is one of the greatest natural talents that I have ever met. He will learn any car he wants as long as he gets a bit experience under his belt. I'm sure Kimi enjoys the atmosphere there and he fits nicely in the picture. I wouldn't be surprised if he would become competitive there quite quickly, de la Rosa thinks.

Michael Schumacher shrugs his shoulders when asked the question.

– I'm not a fan of those cars so his NASCAR-trial doesn't interest me at all, Schumi said.

Nico Rosberg assures that he is happy for Räikkönen.

– If Kimi is happy driving NASCAR, then I'm also happy and wish him luck in that world. I wouldn't try it myself for 100% because I know I wouldn't enjoy it at all, Rosberg said.

Vitantio Liuzzi confesses that he has always admired Räikkönen's courage.

– Kimi has always been some kind of a mythic figure for me. I envy really much his courage to go and make a decision like that and go racing there. I believe strongly that Kimi will make it there also because his driving style suits those cars. Nascar is a splendid thing, the atmoshpere is brilliant and it would be totally awesome to drive those cars in Miami.

– Hopefully Kimi does well and awakens interest for them to hire more F1-drivers, Liuzzi sighs.

Sebastien Buemi is puzzled.

– I don't understand since I heard Kimi would focus on rally and then he goes and changes into a completely different thing. Has Kimi changed his mind? The most important thing is that Kimi enjoys whatever he is doing. I'm sure he will learn driving Nascar faster than he learned driving rally, Buemi thinks.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

Масса :

- Я думаю, что это нелегко. Это нечто совершенно другое, где он должен будет начать с нуля. Эти гонки другие и машины управляются по-другому.

- Надеюсь, Кими по-настоящему повеселиться. Я уверен, когда он получит опыт, он будет тоже конкурентоспособен. Кими постоянно прогрессировал в ралли и уже ищет новый вызов.

- Мы все знаем, насколько Кими талантлив как гонщик. Он быстр практически на любой технике. Монтоя, тем не менее доказал, что стартовать на трэках Наскара всегда трудно. Он провёл там 4-5 лет и наконец, сейчас в топ-10 гонщиков, борющихся за победу.

- Кими тем не менее настолько талантлив, что он может достичь своей цели везде, где бы он ни гонялся.

- Монтоя провёл несколько полных сезонов, и только сейчас он может бороться в топ-10. Это совершенно другой мир. Кими, безусловно, большой талант, но ему придётся многому учиться. Если он будет это делать, он добьётся успеха в этой серии. Для начала, он начнёт с более низшего класса, если меня правильно проинформировали. Посмотрим. Кроме того, конечно,я желаю ему всего наилучшего.

Ковалайнен :

- Я однажды был в Хомстеде и смотрел НАСКАР. Это по-настоящему популярный спорт и там классная атмосфера. Я знаю, что это мир, совершенно отличающийся от Ф1 и WRC.

- Кими - чемпион Ф1 и он также прогрессирует в своей раллийной карьере. Если он получил подобный щанс, команду и машину, то почему бы не пойти и не попробовать и НАСКАР.

- Кими любит вызовы и старается попробовать много вещей. Он быстро ездит на снегоходах, мотокроссвовом байке и много на чём ещё. Если вы посадите Кими на трактор, на нём он тоже быстро поедет. Я уверен, он будет быстр пока у него хорошая машина.

- Сила Кими в том, что он быстро ко всему адаптируется. Даже когда настройки машины Ф1 были не самыми лучшими, Кими выжимал всё из машины.

Де ла Роса :

- Я никогда не говорил с Кими по поводу НАСКАРа, так что я не ожидал от него этого. Я полагал, что Кими полностью сосредоточен на ралли. С другой стороны грустно, что он не едет полный сезон в ралли, потому что кажется, что он всё время улучшается.

- Тем не менее, Кими является одним из величайших природных талантов, которых я когда либо встречал. Он выучивает любою машину, какую захочет, когда получает немного опыта. Я уверен, что Кими понравится тамошняя атмосфера и он прекрасно впишется в картину. Я не удивлюсь, если он станет конкурентоспособным там очень быстро.

Шумахер :

- Я не фанат тех машин, и НАСКАР совершенно меня не интересует.

Росберг :

- Если Кими будет счастлив, гоняясь в НАСКАРе, я тоже буду рад за него и пожелаю ему удачи. Я 100% не буду пробовать НАСКАР, потому что это совем не доставит мне удовольствия.

Лиуцци :

- Кими всегда был какой-то мифической фигурой для меня. Я реально завидую его смелости взять и принять такое решение и пойти туда гоняться. Я твёрдо верю, что Кими пошёл туда ещё потому, что эти машаны подходят его стилю пилотирования. НАСКАР - прекрасные гонки, атмосфера великолепна, и это совершенно потрясающе, гоняться на этих машинах в Майами.

- Надеюсь, Кими справится хорошо, и это заинтересует других гонщков Ф1.

Буэми :

- Я не понимаю, я слышал, что Кими сфокусирован на ралли, а теперь он идёт и меняет ралли на совсем другую вещь. Кими поменял своё мнение? Самое главное, чтобы Кими получал удовольствие от того, что делает. Я уверен, что НАСКАРу он научится быстрее, чем ралли.

Феттель

- Удивительно было услышать, что Кими собрался гоняться в НАСКАР помимо ралли, но таким образом он постоянно получает заряд эмоций, о которых пилот Ф1 может только мечтать"

Картекьян :

- Ему будет непросто там. Там очень сложно. Он явно талантливый парень и он справится. Он нашёл хорошую команду и много тестируется. Сейчас у него были тесты на Rockingham Speedway, но Шарлотта откроет ему глаза. Это страшно, когда вы мчите на полной скорости в поворотах. Если вы всё время едете на 300 км\ч, это очень тяжело. Но он будет быстр.

Баттон :

- Кажется, что Кими был рад уйти из Ф1. Возможно, он хотел гоняться в расслабленной атмосфере. Он обязательно это найдёт в штатах. Для гонщиков, которые привыкли к сликам и крыльям сложно вдруг поехать по овалу НАСКАРа. Те парни делают это всю свою жизнь и они не лузеры. Перемены всегда сложны. У Хуана-Пабло заняло несколько времени стать конкурентоспособным, я уверен, Кими тоже таким станет. Он докажет свой талант.

Интервью Кайла Буша о Кими в НАСКАРе. (#115773 Loiste, Рыжий Галк )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ZzyJTyZdg&feature=player_embedded

В команду Kyle Busch Motorsports приходит Кими Райкконен. У него на прошлой неделе прошли тесты в Грешам-Моторспорт-Парк. Почему он это делает? В чем для него привлекательность НАСКАРа?

Буш: Он мне так и не ответил, сказал что-то уклончивое. Он просто хотел попробовать, посмотреть. Он не очень знаком с США, с американскими гонками и НАСКАРом, для него это просто еще одна машина. Все, что он знал – что у машины есть четыре резиновые шины и руль слева. У него отлично получилось – он прыгнул в машину и показал хорошую скорость с самого начала, Я приехал туда днем – было собрание команды – в командах Джо Гиббса это главное (Joe Gibbs Racing – это ассоциация команд НАСКАРа, созданная бывшим тренером по американскому футболу Джо Гиббсом). Короче, когда я приехал, то он уже закончил три серии по 25 кругов, я сел в его машину и на прогретых шинах поставил примерно такое же время, как и он. Быстрее не получилось, так что он знает, как обращаться с гоночной машиной. Мы видели это в Ф1, хотя я не уверен в его успехах в ралли. Приехав сюда, попробовав, почувствовав вкус этих гонок, он может заинтересоваться, ему может понравится, и тогда, я надеюсь, команда Kyle Busch Motorsports станет для него домом.

Kimi Raikkonen is coming over to Kyle Busch Motorsports in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. You guys tested him last week at Gresham Motorsports Park. Why do you think he’s doing this? What’s the appeal for him in coming to NASCAR?

Busch: “I never really got that straight answer from him. He kind of beat around on it. He just wanted to give it a shot and see what it’s like. He’s unfamiliar with the United States and the United States racing and with NASCAR in general, but it’s another vehicle to him. He came in with no expectations. He knew that it was a vehicle with four rubber tires and you sit left of the driveshaft – that’s about it. He did a great job – he jumped right in the truck and was up to pretty good speed right out of the gate and by the time I got there in the afternoon – I had a team meeting – priority is first at Joe Gibbs Racing. So once I got there, he had just finished three runs of 25 laps each and I got in the truck right after him on the hot tires and went out there and ran the same lap times as he did. I couldn’t go any faster. I think he knows how to drive a race car. We’ve seen him do it in Formula One. I’m not quite sure of his success in the rally car stuff. Coming over here and doing the NASCAR thing, just getting his feet wet, getting a taste of it, seeing what he wants to do, seeing if he can have a future here and whether he likes, and hopefully, if he does, he makes a home at Kyle Busch Motorsports.”

How does this change the Kyle Busch Motorsports plan for the future now that you’ve got this big name coming on board?

Busch: “Well, our plan stays the same. It doesn’t change much. We really wanted to go two fulltime Truck teams this year and then try to venture into a Nationwide deal next year. I’d really love to have a Nationwide deal next year – we’re just trying to find the right opportunity, the right driver, the right sponsor to team up for it. I don’t want to drive for it. I’d rather keep driving at Joe Gibbs Racing with Z-line Designs – I have a great relationship with those people but I might run five races kind of like Dale Jr. does – he runs about five races in his stuff just to help sell that sponsorship a little better. So, I’d like to do that at Kyle Busch Motorsports but have someone race for the driver’s and owner’s championship and try to win us an owner’s championship and a driver’s championship in the Nationwide Series next year.”

Превью Ралли Иордании 2011 от Кими (#115909 Lunna , Loiste)

20110415161805.jpg

Вызовов больше, чем достаточно

ОК, я проехался на тестах НАСКАР. Это было супер круто. Данная серия – это совершенно другой мир, все для нас в новинку, для тех, кто привык гоняться в других местах. Пойти туда – это интересно и вызывающе.

Но сейчас мы снова примем участие в ралли. В конце-концов, это "наша вещь" в данный момент.

Иордания – одно из самых коварных гравийных ралли. Мы были здесь в прошлом году, так что имеем определенное представление о том, чего ожидать в этот уикенд. Пока что участие в ралли во второй раз помогает нам и уверен на 100%, что у нас будет преимущество в Иордании.

У меня приятные впечатления от гравийного этапа в Португалии. Как только мы исправили неверные настройки – передок машины был слишком задран – я хорошо чувствовал себя за рулем.

Очень любопытно посмотреть как все пройдет сейчас. Это ралли настолько сложное насколько в принципе возможно. На дорогах плотный гравий и вязкий песок. Погода также весьма теплая. На местности не на чем сфокусироваться. К счастью, я составляю и понимаю стенку все лучше и лучше с каждым разом. А это очень важно на данном ралли.

По соседству идет война, но в Иордании все спокойно. Мы все надеемся, что ралли пройдет без инцидентов.

Наша цель – в очередной раз проехать ралли без больших косяков. В прошлый раз мы были 8-ми. Мы здесь заработали первые очки.

Посмотрим сможем ли мы в этот раз улучшить позицию. Будет сложно, т.к. в данный момент очень много равных по силе соперников.

Kimi Jordan Rally preview in Finnish

MORE THAN ENOUGH OF CHALLENGES

Okay, so I went to drive a NASCAR-test. It was completely super awesome. That serie is a completely different world and everything is new for us who are used to drive elsewhere. It's interesting and challenging to go there.

But now we are driving rally again. It is after all 'our thing' at the moment.

Jordan is one of the most trickiest gravel rallies. We were here last year so we have some kind of understanding over what we can expect this weekend. So far being in the same rally for the second time has helped us and it's 100% sure that we have an advantage of it in Jordan too.

I have a pleasant image from Portugal's gravel. Once we recovered from screwing up the setups - the whole front of the car was too high - the car felt good in the final games.

It's going to be exciting to see how it goes now. This rally is as challenging as challenging can be. The roads are hard gravel and loose sand. The weather is quite warm too. You don't seem to find any focusing points from the terrain. Fortunately I have learned to make and understand notes better and better all the time. They are really important in this rally.

They have warfare going on nearby but it's peaceful in Jordan. We all wish that the rally could be pulled through without any incidents.

Our goal is once again to get through the route without making any bad blunders. Last time we came in 8th in Jordan. They were our first points.

We are now going there to see if we can improve our position. It's going to be a tough twist since the group is so even at this point.

All three crews – Petter Solberg/ Chris Patterson (Petter Solberg World Rally Team), Kimi Räikkönen/Kaj Lindström (Ice 1 Racing) and Peter van Merksteijn Jr./Eddy Chevailllier (Van Merksteijn Motorsport) – have different objectives but they share the same goal of wanting to make the most of the DS3 WRC’s strengths on the shores of the Dead Sea.

Three weeks after the Rally of Portugal, the FIA World Rally Championship is striking out into new territory. As the Head of Citroën Racing Technologies Benoit Nogier points out:

“The calendar and the logistical constraints surrounding the journey to the Middle East have forced a fairly frantic pace upon us since we finished the Rally of Portugal. As soon as our DS3 WRCs got back to the factory, we stripped them down straight away in order to leave for Jordan in time.”

The tight schedule meant that there was no possibility to organise a test to prepare for the rally.

“We would have liked to have tested the new tyres that we will use in Jordan,” added Nogier. “Like the factory teams, we will benefit from an evolution of the Michelin Latitude Cross tyres, which have been designed to be stronger. This means that the shakedown will be vital for us in terms of gathering information. The drivers will need to adapt themselves very quickly to these new developments.”

"Как и заводские команды мы будем использовать эволюционные шины Michelin Latitude Cross, которые разрабатывались чтобы быть прочнее. Это значит, что шейкдаун будет жизненно важен для нас с точки зрения получения информации. Гонщики должны адаптироваться очень быстро к этим изменениям".

Kimi Räikkönen (Ice 1 Racing) is taking part in the Jordan Rally for the second consecutive time. In 2010, the Finn scored his very first World Rally Championship points there after a mistake-free rally. This year, the Ice 1 Racing driver is going to try to get close to the fastest times again over the rapid desert stages. His first gravel rally driving the Citroën DS3 WRC ended up with an encouraging seventh overall in Portugal, so Kimi is now hoping to move gradually closer to the top five on merit.]

Статья в Autosport о тестах Кими в НАСКАРе. (#115811 Loiste)

oDTeym.png WTWFrm.png

На тестах в четверг Кими проехал примерно 50 кругов .

Ралли Иордании 2011. Шейкдаун.

leA1Ot.jpg dLbe4t.jpg SKrzPt.jpg o0ihDt.jpg

ki3QHt.jpg cPvsht.jpg 9TPqft.jpg v3Z4Pt.jpg

- Шейкдаун прошёл очень хорошо, во всяком случае вначале. Конечно, вначале будет немного трудно, потому что я не водил какое-то время.

- Машина ведёт себя так же как и раньше. Разницы нет.

- Я не почувствовал разницы между шинами. На дороге очент много камней, но пока проколов не было. Надеюсь, разница между предыдущими шинами будет очень велика.

- Не было сделано каких-либо изменений в машине из-за новых шин. Я думаю, ничего и не придётся делать.

Jordan Rally - shakedown

1. Solberg P. (Citroen DS3 WRC) 1:15,1 min

2.Loeb (Citroen DS3 WRC) +0,4 s

3. Latvala (Ford Fiesta WRC) +0,7 s

4. Hirvonen (Ford Fiesta WRC) +0,8 s

Ogier (Citroen DS3 WRC) +0,8 s

6. Wilson (Ford Fiesta WRC) +1,7 s

Raikkonen (Citroen DS3 WRC) +1,7 s

8. Solberg H. (Ford Fiesta WRC) +1,8 s

9. Ostberg (Ford Fiesta WRC) +2,7 s

10. Al-Attiyah (Ford Fiesta S2000) +2,9 s

Кими сделал 4 прохода с временами

1:21.0

1:18.6

1:17.9

1:16.8

Ралли Иордании 2011. День 1.

0d79f350f5f7t.jpg7d97244418b0t.jpg317c5e74777at.jpgb7d51db535e4t.jpg

af7831b63239t.jpgb0a79abb237et.jpg91ffa93c462ft.jpg789e7a61eed8t.jpg

Первый день ралли Иордании был отменён из-за задержки парома, везущего оборудование команд, ФИА и North One. Ралли началось вместо четверга в пятницу и продлится 2 дня.

SS7, Suwayma 1 (13.50 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This is a short stage, quite flat compared with the others, and it’s fast. It has nice, cut corners, where the cars can dive a little to the inside. There aren’t so many rocks and the surface is quite hard and clean, so we have fewer risks. We will have good fun in it. On Friday morning we will run it in the opposite direction from when we visit here again for the ‘power stage’ on Saturday.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZt3_n_adpQ&feature=player_embedded

1. 1 S. LOEB 7:01.0 0.0 0.0

2. 2 S. OGIER 7:02.8 +1.8 +1.8

3. 4 J. LATVALA 7:06.7 +3.9 +5.7

4. 11 P. SOLBERG 7:09.9 +3.2 +8.9

5. 3 M. HIRVONEN 7:11.4 +1.5 +10.4

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 7:16.1 +4.7 +15.1 (1.12 с\км)

7. 5 H. SOLBERG 7:18.0 +1.9 +17.0

8. 15 M. WILSON 7:19.0 +1.0 +18.0

9. 6 M. ØSTBERG 7:20.5 +1.5 +19.5

Kimi Raikkonen was sixth quickest in the Ice 1 Racing Citroen DS3 WRC, despite a half-spin which he believed cost him a second.

We had half spin at the beginning of the stage, so not fast enough.

http://music.privet.ru/user/Loiste/file/popup/340630558 Аудио-интервью

Stage data: SS8, Kafrain 1 (17.20 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This one starts by a lake, and for the first few kilometres it’s quite twisty and narrow. The next part is wider and faster, and we actually run on it in the opposite direction during stages 15 and 19 on Saturday. It’s always good to know that because it will be cleaner. Then we take a left turn and go downhill. On these parts we can find some rocks that come from the cuts - you never know what will happen because the guys in front of you can knock things onto the road. The last few kilometres are quite tricky because the road is very downhill, and in these conditions it’s not so easy to drive the car. This is a very typical stage in the Jordan Rally.”

1. 11 P. SOLBERG 12:11.6 0.0 0.0

2. 2 S. OGIER 12:13.9 +2.3 +2.3

3. 4 J. LATVALA 12:14.3 +0.4 +2.7

4. 1 S. LOEB 12:15.7 +1.4 +4.1

5. 6 M. ØSTBERG 12:24.0 +8.3 +12.4

6. 3 M. HIRVONEN 12:29.2 +5.2 +17.6

7. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 12:31.9 +2.7 +20.3 (1.18 с\км)

8. 5 H. SOLBERG 12:31.9 0.0 +20.3

9. 23 N. AL-ATTIYAH 12:33.2 +1.3 +21.6

Stage data: SS9, Jordan River 1 (41.45 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This stage is in three different parts. It runs along the border with Israel and it’s like being in a movie because you can see lots of old bunkers. You get to the end of the road section and the bridge is just exposed - you have no choice but to join this road. The river means that this is one of the greenest areas in Jordan. There is a lot of vegetation and cultivation, so it makes for a nice landscape. The first part is flatter and faster, then you get to what we call the Russian mountains - it’s like a rollercoaster with Sebastien, you go up and it’s as if you’re on the moon. It’s an amazing view. Then in the final part you go downhill, back to the plain, following the riverbed. The surface is quite soft there, so Mikko [Hirvonen] is right to be worried about being first on the road because he will be at a disadvantage there.”

1. 2 S. OGIER 27:32.6 0.0 0.0

2. 11 P. SOLBERG 27:35.0 +2.4 +2.4

3. 4 J. LATVALA 27:38.1 +3.1 +5.5

4. 1 S. LOEB 27:40.0 +1.9 +7.4

5. 6 M. ØSTBERG 27:59.9 +19.9 +27.3

6. 3 M. HIRVONEN 28:00.2 +0.3 +27.6

7. 15 M. WILSON 28:16.6 +16.4 +44.0

8. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 28:32.1 +15.5 +59.5 (1.44 с\км)

9. 7 F. VILLAGRA 29:10.0 +37.9 +1:37.4

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) "It was ok. It's quite difficult for me but everything is going well."

http://music.privet.ru/user/Loiste/file/popup/340649822 Аудио-интервью

SS10 Suwayma 2 (13.5km)

1. 4 J. LATVALA 6:59.0 0.0 0.0

2. 2 S. OGIER 7:00.2 +1.2 +1.2

3. 1 S. LOEB 7:00.5 +0.3 +1.5

4. 3 M. HIRVONEN 7:06.1 +5.6 +7.1

5. 11 P. SOLBERG 7:08.0 +1.9 +9.0

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 7:13.5 +5.5 +14.5 (1.07 s\km)

7. 15 M. WILSON 7:14.9 +1.4 +15.9

8. 23 N. AL-ATTIYAH 7:18.9 +4.0 +19.9

SS11 Kafrain 2 (17.2km)

1. 4 J. LATVALA 11:48.2 0.0 0.0

2. 2 S. OGIER 11:50.4 +2.2 +2.2

3. 11 P. SOLBERG 11:52.7 +2.3 +4.5

4. 1 S. LOEB 11:56.2 +3.5 +8.0

5. 3 M. HIRVONEN 12:01.7 +5.5 +13.5

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 12:09.4 +7.7 +21.2 (1.23 с\км)

7. 15 M. WILSON 12:16.3 +6.9 +28.1

8. 10 K. AL QASSIMI 12:22.3 +6.0 +34.1

- Всё хорошо, пилотироание на этом СУ щас было лучше, чем утром. Было больше сцепления, что не плохо.

- Многие гонщики на финише говорят "нам страшно!"

- Ээээ... ну вы привыкаете к этому и всё становится не так уж плохо.

- Спасибо, Кими. Храбрый парень! (с) Кларки))

http://music.privet.ru/user/Loiste/file/popup/340688174 Аудио-интервью

SS12 Jordan River 2 (41.45km)

1. 2 S. OGIER 27:13.5 0.0 0.0

2. 11 P. SOLBERG 27:31.5 +18.0 +18.0

3. 1 S. LOEB 27:31.6 +0.1 +18.1

4. 4 J. LATVALA 27:40.2 +8.6 +26.7

5. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 27:56.2 +16.0 +42.7 (1.03 с\км)

6. 15 M. WILSON 28:04.5 +8.3 +51.0

7. 3 M. HIRVONEN 28:35.7 +31.2 +1:22.2

8. 7 F. VILLAGRA 28:41.7 +6.0 +1:28.2

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) "Morning it was little bit difficult. But afternoon, I'm happy with my driving and the result. It was good."

http://music.privet.ru/user/Loiste/file/popup/340705134 Аудио-интервью

Результаты после первого дня :

1. 2 S. OGIER M 1:32:53.4 0.0 0.0

2. 1 S. LOEB M 1:33:25.0 +31.6 +31.6

3. 4 J. LATVALA M 1:33:26.5 +1.5 +33.1

4. 11 P. SOLBERG M 1:33:28.7 +2.2 +35.3

5. 3 M. HIRVONEN M 1:35:24.3 +1:55.6 +2:30.9

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN M 1:35:39.2 +14.9 +2:45.8

7. 15 M. WILSON 1:35:51.2 +12.0 +2:57.8

8. 10 K. AL QASSIMI M 1:37:43.1 +1:51.9 +4:49.7

9. 7 F. VILLAGRA M 1:37:47.6 +4.5 +4:54.2

10. 23 N. AL-ATTIYAH S 1:38:12.7 +25.1 +5:19.3

Кими Райкконен был дважды оштрафован во время первого дня Ралли Иордании. (#115851 Loiste )

62990ba0fb87.jpg

Во время разведки СУ7 Кими превысил лимит скорости 80 км\ч поехав со скоростью 101.85 км\ч. Штраф от организаторов составил 1100 евро.

На перегоне между СУ 14 и СУ15 Кими превысил лимит скорости , о чём сообщила организаторам специальная система, находящаяся в автомобиле. Кими был оштрафован на 600 евро.

http://www.vm-motorsport.nl/Static/Documents/UserUpload/Jordan/COC1.pdf

http://www.vm-motorsport.nl/Static/Documents/UserUpload/Jordan/COC2.pdf

Райкконен закончил первый день Ралли Иордании 2011 на 6й позиции. (#115898 Loiste )

jordanrallyceremony0701.jpg

- После обеда я не прикладывал больше усилий, но пилотирование стало лучше. После обеда мы проехали одну связку и потеряли немного времени. Но в целом, всё прошло намного лучше.

Räikkönen has the 6th position forked

Turun Sanomat 15.4 2011 20:40:20

Kimi Räikkönen was 8th in Sweden's rally, in Portugal he was 7th and now in Jordan after the first day the Finnish driver is impressively 6th.

Räikkönen's first day in Jordan went without any bigger problems. Kimi snatched a valuable scalp on Friday-afternoon when he left the experienced Matthew Wilson behind him by driving and came in 6th in the result sheet.

Räikkönen improved significantly his times in the afternoon when they took the stages for the second time.

– There wasn't any more effort than it was in the morning but the driving was better. In the afternoon we drove one crossroad long and lost a bit of time. But otherwise it went a lot better, Räikkönen said.

A year ago Räikkönen was 8th in Jordan and hence he achieved his career's first WRC-points.

Turun Sanomat, Kuollutmeri

TONI HEINONEN

Ралли Иордании 2011. День 2.

ce1932351cf7t.jpga271e0c000fft.jpg84f14d17983ct.jpgc10c5eaae7cbt.jpg

b5595efc1bbct.jpg 514bd3af8fd7t.jpg efa23b7ec42et.jpg 9455eb9f44eet.jpg

SS13, Yakrut 1 (14.16 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This stage takes place by the main road between the Dead Sea and Amman, so there will be more spectators than on the other stages. This one does not hold good memories for us because last year we didn’t do it in good conditions. Sebastien was ill and some other stuff happened during the rally, so it was not the best stage we did. The lines are quite good and there’s also some good downhill sections. There is a Tarmac section in the middle so it will be interesting to see how the cars perform there.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtgDD6Ci_U&feature=player_embedded

1. 1 S. LOEB 8:30.6 0.0 0.0

2. 4 J. LATVALA 8:34.4 +3.8 +3.8

3. 11 P. SOLBERG 8:34.8 +0.3 +4.1

4. 3 M. HIRVONEN 8:37.2 +2.4 +6.6

5. 2 S. OGIER 8:37.3 +0.9 +6.6

6. 6 M. ØSTBERG 8:55.9 +18.6 +25.3

7. 5 H. SOLBERG 9:00.5 +4.6 +29.9

8. 15 M. WILSON 9:01.1 +0.6 +30.5

9. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 9:04.7 +3.6 +34.1 (2.4 с\км)

10. 7 F. VILLAGRA 9:05.0 +0.3 +34.4

SS14, Bahath 1 (12.53 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This is a little bit different to the other stages because it feels more artificial. At the start it isn’t very rough and it doesn’t seem to follow the natural lines, but it is quite twisty.”

1. 3 M. HIRVONEN 9:30.0 0.0 0.0

2. 4 J. LATVALA 9:31.8 +1.8 +1.8

3. 11 P. SOLBERG 9:34.1 +2.3 +4.1

4. 1 S. LOEB 9:34.7 +0.6 +4.7

5. 2 S. OGIER 9:36.3 +1.6 +6.3

6. 5 H. SOLBERG 9:40.2 +3.9 +10.2

7. 6 M. ØSTBERG 9:44.9 +4.7 +14.9

8. 15 M. WILSON 9:54.8 +9.9 +24.8

9. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 9:55.9 +1.1 +25.9 (2.07 с\км)

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) "I'm not happy with my driving.

SS15, Mahes 1 (20.44 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This is a very typical Jordan stage in that there are lots of undulations and there are no trees or other vegetation to use as reference points. It also uses part of an earlier stage but run in a reverse direction so that area will be cleaner.”

1. 3 M. HIRVONEN 14:33.0 0.0 0.0

2. 4 J. LATVALA 14:34.0 +1.0 +1.0

3. 11 P. SOLBERG 14:38.2 +4.2 +5.2

4. 2 S. OGIER 14:40.0 +1.8 +7.0

5. 1 S. LOEB 14:40.4 +0.4 +7.4

6. 6 M. ØSTBERG 14:52.8 +12.4 +19.8

7. 5 H. SOLBERG 14:54.1 +1.3 +21.1

8. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 15:05.8 +11.7 +32.8 (1.60 с\км)

9. 15 M. WILSON 15:13.1 +7.3 +40.1

:excl: RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) "There is some big rock. My driving was little bit better than on previous one." /

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbi7g41p32bm67t - аудио интервью :excl:

SS16, Baptism Site 1 (10.50 kilometres)

By Citroen Total World Rally Team co-driver Julien Ingrassia: “This will be the final stage as well as SS16 and it will probably be the most interesting ‘power stage’ of the year. It’s only a few kilometres long so it’s the perfect size. Most of it is run on the same route as SS7 and SS10, but in the reverse direction. It’s flat and fast and the cameras will catch a good view of it. We’re sure to have fun inside the car. For the ‘power stage’, if you get there then you know you’ve almost made it to the end of the rally. If you feel good you can go for it and get some points - they may count at the end of the year. The last three kilometres are on dirty Tarmac with some trees coming over the road, but it’s still quite fast. The last corner could be interesting as well because you go flat out then you have to go hard on the brakes just after the finish line.”

1. 1 S. LOEB 5:21.7 0.0 0.0

2. 4 J. LATVALA 5:23.9 +2.2 +2.2

3. 2 S. OGIER 5:24.7 +0.8 +3.0

4. 11 P. SOLBERG 5:24.7 0.0 +3.0

5. 3 M. HIRVONEN 5:27.0 +2.3 +5.3

6. 15 M. WILSON 5:34.7 +7.7 +13.0

7. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 5:39.0 +4.3 +17.3 (1.65 с\км)

8. 6 M. ØSTBERG 5:40.2 +1.2 +18.5

9. 5 H. SOLBERG 5:42.1 +1.9 +20.4

10. 10 K. AL QASSIMI 5:45.2 +3.1 +23.5

11. 7 F. VILLAGRA 5:46.7 +1.5 +25.0

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) "I'm bit more happy."

http://www.mediafire.com/?5zwfw7lcj1954md - аудио интервью

Stage data: SS17, Yakrut 2 (14.16 kilometres)

1. 4 J. LATVALA 8:15.8 0.0 0.0

2. 1 S. LOEB 8:20.5 +4.7 +4.7

3. 2 S. OGIER 8:24.5 +4.0 +8.7

4. 3 M. HIRVONEN 8:32.8 +8.2 +16.9

5. 6 M. ØSTBERG 8:36.3 +3.5 +20.4

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 8:36.4 +0.1 +20.6 (1.45 с\км)

7. 5 H. SOLBERG 8:39.6 +3.2 +23.8

8. 15 M. WILSON 8:42.1 +2.5 +26.3

9. 7 F. VILLAGRA 8:54.4 +12.3 +38.6

У Кими брали интервью, но связь прервалась после слов : "meh! that's from yesterday when we hit the metal pole, it's nothing"

Stage data: SS18, Bahath 2 (12.53 kilometres)

1. 4 J. LATVALA 9:10.5 0.0 0.0

2. 2 S. OGIER 9:15.4 +4.9 +4.9

3. 5 H. SOLBERG 9:16.1 +0.7 +5.6

4. 1 S. LOEB 9:17.0 +0.9 +6.5

5. 3 M. HIRVONEN 9:22.1 +5.1 +11.6

6. 6 M. ØSTBERG 9:26.2 +4.1 +15.7

7. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 9:28.7 +2.5 +18.2 (1.45 с\км)

8. 15 M. WILSON 9:32.1 +3.4 +21.6

9. 28 E. BRYNILDSEN 9:44.6 +12.5 +34.1

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) It's been okay, the driving has been better than previous rally and the car has been working well."

http://music.privet.ru/user/Loiste/file/popup/340883758 - аудио интервью/

- Ээээ...всё ОК, темп лучше, чем на предыдущем ралли, машина работает хорошо, нет проблем.

Ты чувствуешь, что сделал шаг вперёд в этот уикенд?

- Аааа, Ай мин, мы несколько выше теперь [в протоколах], чем раньше, мы улучшили времена, так что...

Stage data: SS19, Mahes 2 (20.44 kilometres)

206514_10150156835872532_720282531_6822637_48279_n.jpg

1. 4 J. LATVALA 14:09.1 0.0 0.0

2. 2 S. OGIER 14:14.9 +5.8 +5.8

3. 5 H. SOLBERG 14:19.9 +5.0 +10.8

4. 1 S. LOEB 14:24.0 +4.1 +14.9

5. 6 M. ØSTBERG 14:24.7 +0.7 +15.6

11. 26 K. KRUUDA 15:32.5 +22.8 +1:23.4

12. 24 B. SOUSA 15:33.5 +1.0 +1:24.4

13. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 15:38.0 +4.5 +1:28.9 (4.35 с\км)

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8) Прокол переднего правого колеса

RÄIKKÖNEN K. / LINDSTRÖM K. (st. č. 8)"Там был большой камень на траектории, не было возможности его избежать."

http://www.mediafire.com/?h8tdcfhq7hf5m7k - аудио интервью

SS20, Baptism Site 2 Power Stage (10.50 kilometres)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqpEkxC9Gz0&feature=player_embedded

1. 2 S. OGIER 5:21.7 0.0 0.0

2. 3 M. HIRVONEN 5:21.7 0.0 0.0

3. 1 S. LOEB 5:22.0 +0.3 +0.3

4. 4 J. LATVALA 5:22.4 +0.4 +0.7

5. 5 H. SOLBERG 5:34.2 +11.8 +12.5

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 5:35.4 +1.2 +13.7 (1.30 с\км)

7. 15 M. WILSON 5:36.4 +1.0 +14.7

8. 6 M. ØSTBERG 5:37.8 +1.4 +16.1

9. 7 F. VILLAGRA 5:41.1 +3.3 +19.4

10. 10 K. AL QASSIMI 5:45.6 +4.5 +23.9

- У нас была скорость, чтобы набрать очки.К несчастью мы схватили прокол и потеряли место. Но всё неплохо.

Хороший шаг вперёд за этот уикенд?

- Дааа, ай мин.. это было первое гравийное ралли, где мы попробовали действительно поднажать. Мы выглядели лучше, мы улучшили времена, скорость.. Ай мин.. моё вождение было лучшим на этом ралли, самым стабильным.. К сожалению, у меня был прокол, но это ралли.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v3t1q43pt56yanb - аудио интервью

Итоги Ралли Иордании 2011.

1. 2 S. OGIER M 2:48:28.2 0.0 0.0

2. 4 J. LATVALA M 2:48:28.4 +0.2 +0.2

3. 1 S. LOEB M 2:48:55.9 +27.5 +27.7

4. 3 M. HIRVONEN M 2:51:12.9 +2:17.0 +2:44.7

5. 15 M. WILSON 2:54:13.1 +3:00.2 +5:44.9

6. 8 K. RÄIKKÖNEN M 2:54:43.1 +30.0 +6:14.9

7. 7 F. VILLAGRA M 2:57:46.9 +3:03.8 +9:18.7

8. 10 K. AL QASSIMI M 2:58:11.9 +25.0 +9:43.7

9. 9 D. KUIPERS M 3:02:55.7 +4:43.8 +14:27.5

10. 24 B. SOUSA S 3:03:33.7 +38.0 +15:05.5

Положение в командном зачёте после 4х ралли сезона 2011 :

a6708203036e.jpg

Положение в зачёте пилотов после 4х ралли сезона 2011 :

3fd736060d69.jpg

График темпа Кими Райкконена на Ралли Иордании 2011. (#115873 муся)

отставание с\км от лидера на СУ за 2011 и 2010 годы.

GNeulwQ1IEW1VUglNhblQ.jpg

• Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.

• Создать...